funny thing happened in the park

not a bad guess for the elderly since if I am not mistaking metal detectors may have started in WWII as mine detectors.

iirc, in 1881 the first one was invented/used by Alexander Graham Bell trying to find the bullet in a dying President Garfield. They were unsuccessful because of the metal bedframe + the doctors would only allow Bell to look on one side of the body. The doctors "knew" where the bullet was and of course, they were wrong- it was on the other side of his body.

But yeah, modern metal detectors are descended from war metal detectors. Minelab makes (or used to make) the NATO mine detectors.

Electronic fertilizer ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Don’t laugh...I’ve had that one happen! While detecting a residential lawn, one of the neighbors came over to ask "are you putting down weed kill or fertilizer?" At first I thought he was kidding, but I soon realized that he genuinely thought I was swinging some kind of newfangled lawn chemical applicator!

Don’t laugh...I’ve had that one happen! While detecting a residential lawn, one of the neighbors came over to ask "are you putting down weed kill or fertilizer?" At first I thought he was kidding, but I soon realized that he genuinely thought I was swinging some kind of newfangled lawn chemical applicator!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing: i have had some funny encounters in the park. Had a lady walk by and say out loud, "man, people be getting hungry for that money." Also had some nice folks offer me a water, but i wasn't born yesterday, i had plenty of water with me. :laughing:

A couple of times while hunting near a university in town, I have had a couple of foreign students ask me if I was looking for land mines. I suppose in their homeland its something they have to deal with.

Tru

Back
Top Bottom