October Wrap-up - Not too shabby!!

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
The first few weeks of October started out slow, with just a few silver items & minimal clad. Still had fun though and on one occasion I was able to meet up and hunt with forum members MTJosh & 14KGold. Also, on a separate hunt I ran into Compass (almost literally) As I was walking around a blind corner to walk onto the beach, Compass was walking out, by the way George you left me a few large torpedo fishing sinkers and a few tent stakes but thats about it, you cleaned out the area good man , that thick black sand was hard to deal with, glad you were able to pull some good stuff outta there bud!:yes:

Well despite a slow beginning to the month I was able to rally thanks to a heads up from forum member 14KGOLD (Thanks Rich, I owe you a beer bud!:beer:), one of my favorite hot spots in northern territory was yielding a ton of targets about a week ago due to a little erosion. I hit it hard for 4 days in a row and came up with some good quality jewelry and another monster clad haul.

A few high end name brand items - a 14k white gold pave diamond ring by Effy that retails for $1495.00

http://www.effyjewelry.com/collecti...ica-14k-white-gold-diamond-ring-0-71-tcw.html

a David Yurman Silver cross tha retails for a rediculous $175.00

http://www.davidyurman.com/content/...ctions/waves/waves-small-cross-d05763mss.html

and a Tiffany silver heart ring that retails for $200

http://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/ring...se&trackpdp=bg&fromcid=287466&trackgridpos=84.

Total 14k gold weight is 21.1 grams, total silver weight is 90.5 grams, and clad total is $84.95 after Coinstar clawed me with their fees.

Well that about wraps October up.... Onwards to November!!!

Thanks for looking & HH! :cheers:

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 677
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 679
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 672
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 666
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 677
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 677
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 668
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 677
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 657
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 672
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 673
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 672
No shabbiness there!

:dingding: That's a great haul! Congrats on the gold and some VERY NICE silvers!!

Excellent finds Slim! You gotta think the Coinstar guy is hating on you when he empties his machine!:laughing::laughing: "bleeping detectorists!"!

Wow, you had a great October Slim- congrats! I'm glad I got to that beach before you or I might not have even found what little I did. :yes: You seem to have a knack for finding that high-end jewelry, well done! Maybe I need to be using the Excal more. :roll: GL & HH!

Nice load of jewelry, the lion is really neat. :hi5: I think it's cool that you found a Cross and a Bible. :D

Regarding the coinstar, my local Credit Union has a coin machine that members get to use at no fee. Just thought it might be something you'd like to look into. :research:

That's a great month and man,,,,,,that 925 cat is a real heart stopper,,,,,,I thought for sure it was gold until I saw the marking,,,,,I seem to have been seeing a lot of gold pated silver lately,,,,,,GL HH

You're a jewelry magnet, congrats! BTW the Coinstar at our local Kroger gives full face value if you use the money to buy groceries there. Everybody's gotta eat, so you might want to check if there's a similar deal at a local supermarket.

:dingding: That's a great haul! Congrats on the gold and some VERY NICE silvers!!

Thanks Felix! I do it for the dings man! :D

Wow, that is a great pile of stuff you found! Congrats on the finds and having fun!

Thanks remmy! Yea it was very fun! I get a kick out of non stop target scooping even though i'm pretty worn out after a 4 day detecting marathon :yes:

Excellent finds Slim! You gotta think the Coinstar guy is hating on you when he empties his machine!:laughing::laughing: "bleeping detectorists!"!

:lol: Mud you crack me up man I can totally picture the poor guy as all the shiny new clad pours out and suddenly half way though he hits a thick pocket layer of crusty beach clad "Curse you detectorist guy!!!!" :laughing: ...

Ahhh well I like to keep the Coinstar folk on their feet, life gets boring without challenges :D

Good job Slim... you could open up a jewelry store ;)

Thanks Craig! Opening a jewelry store is a no go, it would cut into my valuable detecting time :D

Well done on keeping those beaches clean! Congrats on a great month!

Thanks Waveoff! I use to include a picture of all the trash I scoop out as well, but I got tired of bringing all the trash home so now I just dump the trash loads in the beach trash cans...I might start posting pics of the trash again though, I don't want the new guys to think the good finds come easy, takes a lot of work and the amount of rusty trash I pull from these marathon hunts can get crazy :yes:.....Its all worth it though when you see that yellow emerge from the sand :yes:

Wow, you had a great October Slim- congrats! I'm glad I got to that beach before you or I might not have even found what little I did. :yes: You seem to have a knack for finding that high-end jewelry, well done! Maybe I need to be using the Excal more. :roll: GL & HH!

Thanks Compass! That beach I met you at is quite a challenge for a Sov.GT/Excal with the thick black sand towards the upper slope and the large amount of rusty trash targets that accumulate. You had the right weapon of choice for that beach using the Dual Field :yes:

Outstanding finds Slim. Congrats on the gold and silver. A great haul in anybody's book.

Thanks dirtydog! :cheers:

Cool stuff, I like the lion and the little Bible.
Of course I like the gold rings.:roll:

Thanks metaladdict! Yea the little bible had me perplexed for a little bit when I found it, pretty cool that it opens up and has pages in it too. I did some quick research and found similar ones online and I think this particular one is Armenian..

Congrats on the finds and nice month.

Thanks Jamflicker! I enjoy your posts over in the dirt section, my hats off to the dirt diggers, now that's some real hard work :yes:

Nice haul! Congrats! Coinstar did claw you bad.

Thanks brother steve! Yup they sure did! I don't feel too bad about it though since they gotta deal with those crusty beach coins :yes:

Wooowhoo, very nice wrap up!

Thanks Z! Hoping to see some golden posts from you soon! :yes:

Nice load of jewelry, the lion is really neat. :hi5: I think it's cool that you found a Cross and a Bible.

Regarding the coinstar, my local Credit Union has a coin machine that members get to use at no fee. Just thought it might be something you'd like to look into. :research:

Thanks Wolf-Dog! To top it off I think it was Sunday when I found the bible and cross :grin: the lion head sure is gaudy isn't it?

Thanks for the advice on the credit union coin machine, I gotta say though, I think Walmart is a more appropriate place for my crusty beach coins :D

Some of those pieces are really nice! Congrats on an awesome haul! :)

Thanks X-Terra! It was a satisfying haul for sure!:yes:

That's a great month and man,,,,,,that 925 cat is a real heart stopper,,,,,,I thought for sure it was gold until I saw the marking,,,,,I seem to have been seeing a lot of gold pated silver lately,,,,,,GL HH

Thanks Gold Digger! Exactly what I thought too when I saw it in the scoop, thought I hit big gold! Happy it was at least silver though, and the Ruby eyes actually register good on my gem tester, the rest of the stones don't register so probably CZ's or something..:cheers:

You're a jewelry magnet, congrats! BTW the Coinstar at our local Kroger gives full face value if you use the money to buy groceries there. Everybody's gotta eat, so you might want to check if there's a similar deal at a local supermarket.

Thanks StevenB! Good advice on the Coinstar machine! :yes:

Not too shabby indeed, beautiful pieces and way to go hunting! Congrats on all that gold and silver!

Thanks GroundSweeper! :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom