• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What Could Possibly Be Better Then An AT? How's About 2 ATs.

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

My buddy and I did a relic hunt the other day. Fantastic fall weather! Bugs are gone, great colors and the air is so fresh. We hunted near a place where I prospect for gold, a place where many have gone before me searching for gold. It must have been a busy place at one time, judging from all of our finds. My buddy used his AT Pro- 5 x 8 DD coil. I used the AT MAX- 6.5 x 9 Concentric. Both machines pulled out targets at decent depths. We both went wireless, and had to change frequencies as we were getting cross interference. I hunted mostly in true all metal mode for the extra depth, my buddy in zero discriminate mode. Objects here just don't get too deep.....so the smaller coils work fine. And they also get into some tight spots.

We pulled out a couple of old coins, lots of 22 shells and a few bullets, including a flattened musket ball. The watch was a surprise, especially reading "30 jewels" on the face.

On a very steep grade, I got an iron grunt on the MAX. I dug it, expecting a nail, but found a long this tapered to a point piece of steel. I took it home, and upon better assessment, I discovered some nice ornate designs along the side. It could have been used by the native population to sew leather together from moose and deer hides. A also dug an old silver plated spoon, with the silver pretty well worn off. I formed it into a ring, and gave it a good polish and a new life.

Another week or so, and gold prospecting will come to an end. The river bed gravel is already getting harder to dig up for my highbanker. I got some flour gold, the usual petrified wood, one piece with the end already crystallized, and a cool fossil. Just like metal detecting, you just never know what will come out of a river bed.

Nice Picks, looks like fun. I got 2 AT Maxs with z link carrot sticks and head phones for each. Just trying to get used to them. I just replaced my 2 White's Eagle Spectrums ive had for probably 25 years or more. White's is discontinuing service of my old machines this year. I wanted to get new back lights in them, both have quite, but they dont have any to replace with they said, but would work on machines up till EOY, so I decided to replace with AT Maxs and keep whites till they give up the ghost. AT's going to take me some time, very different in application and sound.

Nice Picks, looks like fun. I got 2 AT Maxs with z link carrot sticks and head phones for each. Just trying to get used to them. I just replaced my 2 White's Eagle Spectrums ive had for probably 25 years or more. White's is discontinuing service of my old machines this year. I wanted to get new back lights in them, both have quite, but they dont have any to replace with they said, but would work on machines up till EOY, so I decided to replace with AT Maxs and keep whites till they give up the ghost. AT's going to take me some time, very different in application and sound.

Work on that AT's audio. It sounds almost analog. It's the audio which is one of the best for getting Canadian coins, which are very difficult to ID.

Back
Top Bottom