Metal Detecting Finds - Exhibition!

Jodo_Kast501

A month or two ago, I was invited by some of the local movers and shakers to display the things I had found that were of historical interest. I teach history at a local university and that helped get my foot in the door.

The event was held at a local art gallery/performance space last Saturday. A few days before the exhibit, I found out it was be alongside a country concert and did not have high hopes for general interest in my finds. But a lot of the people there were very interested in local history and I had some good conversations and made some worthwhile connections.

These are more or less my best finds metal detecting, organized and labelled. I've been detecting less than two years, so there's still a lot to be found, but there are definitely some items of historical value here.

JofAn8yh.jpg

etJRgECh.jpg

As an old trumpet player I think i notice a music clip in your "buckles" and "suspender clips" area... Nice finds!

Attachments

• 51Q3E9vmYJL._SY355_.jpg
    51Q3E9vmYJL._SY355_.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 409
Great display, and nice collection of finds! And sounds like it was an excellent opportunity to showcase local history and metal detecting, also. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom