Good deal on a hand digger

Efreedma

Anyone looking for an inexpensive hand digger, Marc's has a decent one for under $7.
8f0bd4a19999427d4054cd9d014fac1c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Good luck with that, but I'm afraid, much short of a full tang hori hori, a Lesche or another good Hand digger made for detecting, will leave you disappointed.

Most those potting and gardening tools are made for much less dense soil.

If you are looking for cheap a full tang hori hori can be had for 15-20 dollars.

I bought one of those Fiskars garden tools in Walmart about 4 years ago and in no time the darn thing was as dull as a butter knife and the tips were worn down. I'll take my "expensive" White's Digmaster any day. Nevertheless, thanks for offering the suggestion.

I bought one of those Fiskars garden tools in Walmart about 4 years ago and in no time the darn thing was as dull as a butter knife and the tips were worn down. I'll take my "expensive" White's Digmaster any day. Nevertheless, thanks for offering the suggestion.

Yes thats the same design as the one i just bought from menards. Here it is after 1 week.

Attachments

• IMG_20180414_12196.jpg
    IMG_20180414_12196.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 325
Mods please remove my post.

Last edited:
Thos 2 pics above look like my fiskars after a couple weeks as well. Thought about returning it since they are warrantied. Still on my shelf down the basement 3 years later.

I have one which works well in dirt but stinks in mulch because of the gap. I get a bit of wood wedged in it and it won't dig. I've used it for several months in very thick Georgia red clay and rocks.

BCD

319OPMM90EL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
The difference between proper treat heated steel tools and the pot metal garden trowels is easy to see here. $35 bucks or whatever for a proper digger that will last you forever and dig hundreds of targets a day, or 20 of the $10 junkers that leave you stranded on that seated half...?:D

I've broken every shovel that i've owned so far. The only ones that held up a decent amount were my whites hand shovel and my lesch hand digger. Ive broken many many hardware store brands hand shovels. As for large shovels I broke multiple "garden shovels" broke a sampson t handle, broke a whites ground hawg, now trying a predator tools t-handle(hopefully this one lasts). For hand diggers I actually prefer the lesch over the whites because it's a bit thinner and easier to stab the ground with.

I wasn't suggesting this as a primary digger, just a backup or stop gap waiting for your new Sampson!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom