Got my lesche welded back together this morning?

A wire feed welder would have done a better job, less splatter,
Should re-enforce the back side give it some back bone,
by a sampson

A gorilla weld means it's ugly as hell but strong. That weld is just ugly as hell. Get him enrolled in Tulsa welding school ASAP:laughing:

Well something was very wrong. The filled hole is mostly slag no strength there. It's just a guess but I think the filler metal was not a very good match to the parent metal. I'm new to the tools but I think I read the digger is high carbon and heat treated this could cause problems too.
I never say anything bad about a welder I do not know, many things play into a good or bad weld, sometimes it's just working with a metal type your not used to.

Well something was very wrong. The filled hole is mostly slag no strength there. It's just a guess but I think the filler metal was not a very good match to the parent metal. I'm new to the tools but I think I read the digger is high carbon and heat treated this could cause problems too.
I never say anything bad about a welder I do not know, many things play into a good or bad weld, sometimes it's just working with a metal type your not used to.

That's okay, the rest of us had plenty of opinions of our own LOL

But ask yourself seriously....can you even call someone that does THAT a "welder?"

You were one of those kids that could break a cannonball, weren't you. :laughing:

I could break the bead on a truck tire with my Letche.

I want to see video of the next few hunts and digs... oh what am I saying, the NEXT hunt will work since I'd bet you'll only get a few holes out of that "repair". :lol:

That's okay, the rest of us had plenty of opinions of our own LOL

But ask yourself seriously....can you even call someone that does THAT a "welder?"

ND, there's TECHNICIANS and then there's guys with tools... I'd say this guy is barely in the latter category. :laughing:

Wasn't this guy was it???

Attachments

• welder.jpg
    welder.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 301
Holy cow......:shock: He was running the stick way too hot. Should've used a Mig or Tig. Hope it holds up.......

:shock:OMG, I'm not even sure what to say:shock:

I'll be the first to say I'm a poor welder....but that job makes my worst job, look like a pro.

Way the dude happy with his results?

If I had done that for you, I would have volunteered to buy you a new one, and probably offer you 100.00 not to show or tell anyone that I did that.

Sorry, I normally not this critical, and if you had said you had done it yourself, I wouldn't have said anything. But I even googled bad weld jobs and didn't see anything that horrific. I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry for the dude. If that's your welder, he needs a desk job.

It looks to me like your welder guy sneezed on it, just saying. If I tried to repair your Lesche and the outcome looked like that, I'd break out my wallet and buy you a brand new one. There isn't any way that I'd give you something like that back.

Well,,based on the gent"'s welding job,,,I'd give him a cigar.

Pure rotten.

Hope the gent has a day job besides welding.

Maybe he just needs more practice. You could send all of your broken diggers to Jsparks. I don't think you could break my Hori-Hori knife.

Back
Top Bottom