Sidewalk Tear Out

bucknut38

Got out with a buddy today and found that a tear out that we hit prolly a month ago was still not filled and thank God it wasnt.I dug my 1st seated dime not in a field! I was shocked when I figured out it was seated.We also hit 2 yards and I found 4 wheats, a 1950 Washington, and a button.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1403485365801.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403485379587.jpg

sweet! Thanx for sharing. Some old-town sidewalk tearouts can be rewarding :D Your seated dime has a desirable patina. The ground was kind to it. Congratz.

Great coin, congrats! I had a chance to do a sidewalk tear out last week but no old coins yet, got my eye on a few others though. HH

Thanks everyone. I think the sidewalk shielded it for along time...there are plenty of scratches but to bad.Honestly its probably in worst shape of all my seated.My 1849 half dime is in amazing shape except being folded in a taco and 1862 and another 1890 dimes are in better shape.....all found In fields.Funny how different soils age coins differently.

Sweet finds! I'd love to get another seated myself. Around here sidewalk tearouts are tough to come by unless they are digging pipe up below they don't replace sidewalks, ever. And even then they tear out and dump about 6" of pea gravel before leaving for the day. It's frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom