~UPDATE~ fall coin hunting season has begun~9 silvers~

I find this very interesting. I just started metal detecting a few months ago and enjoy the heck out of that. CRH seems an interesting way to spend the cold, grey days.

Do you count these bags to ensure there was 10,000 dimes in them?

I find this very interesting. I just started metal detecting a few months ago and enjoy the heck out of that. CRH seems an interesting way to spend the cold, grey days.

Do you count these bags to ensure there was 10,000 dimes in them?

um?? no.. I'm not going to take the time to count them. The machines are pretty accurate but the occasional penny will get into the bag and that counted as a dime, however many times when I return them, I get more than $1,000. Same as I don't count the amount I spend on gas to detect, I don't count the minor shortages here and there when I coin roll hunt.

LOL KT does not count his half dollars from the five boxes He hunts each week either! That would take more time than just the CRHing! And His Majesty's bank will not take rolled coins anyway...they insist on the coins being dumped into their counting machine!

Also KT does not keep track of the number of quarters, nickels and pennies He gets from the Half dollar rolls. Since these are all machined rolled that KT hunts, slip ups just can happen. KT thinks there are less of them than in customer rolls where the individual is a coin or two short and sticks in some bogus coins just to fill out the thickness and cheat the bank.

Congrats again on a profitable start this winter!

Back
Top Bottom