Weight Loss Challenge

Thank You Vexhold and everyone who participated. My first real diet. I learned a lot. If you do this again in the future (even if there is no prize) I am in. I lost a few pounds but raised my awareness about my eating. I am a pig. Oink Oink Oink Oink but a better pig.

Thank You Vexhold and everyone who participated. My first real diet. I learned a lot. If you do this again in the future (even if there is no prize) I am in. I lost a few pounds but raised my awareness about my eating. I am a pig. Oink Oink Oink Oink but a better pig.

Agreed. If you plan on doing this again, count me in. No prize necessary. Losing some unwanted blubber is rewarding enough. And it was fun.

Challenge Winners!!!

Everyone did a great job with this challenge, but there can only be three winners.

And they are...

First Place: PAMD Tim

Second Place: LIBear

Third Place: Dirt Nuker

And if anyone has guessed who challenger 1010 is...

CTCurt Jr.

CTCurts German Sheppard. CTCurt wanted a work out buddy. I kind of find it a bit humorous that he got beat by his own dog though.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Awesome job guys and gals. The top two winners appear to worked their a$$es off and the numbers look legit. Others, I'm a bit skeptical about meself. If we do this again, count me in.

Thanks Vex for taking the time and putting this together and making it work. BTW, whats the total number lost overall as a group??

Everyone did a great job with this challenge, but there can only be three winners.

And they are...

First Place: PAMD Tim

Second Place: LIBear

Third Place: TBD (waiting for weight validation)

And if anyone has guessed who challenger 1010 is.

CTCurt Jr.

CTCurts German Sheppard. CTCurt wanted a work out buddy. I kind of find it a bit humorous that he got beat by his own dog though.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

This is #1010.(His name is Junior) My Golden Retriever, not my Shepherd.

Attachments

• 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Awesome! Last time I entered one of these at work I got third. I was really concerned that LIBear would catch me in the last week so I really busted butt. Great job guys, congrats and remember...it isn't over. For me every day is a competition against myself. Funny how easy it is to eat the wrong things but so hard to eat the right stuff.

Now, maintenance...I challenge the top competitors to keep losing or keep it off. Post your weekly weight here and we'll keep the accountability factor. I know I am going to gain this week just because I was so rough on myself last week. I am going to keep pushing. When I hit 250 or under, I'm rewarding myself with a ride down a zip line course nearby. 250 lbs is the max weight limit!

Thanks to Vex for administering the program. I feel a whole lot better than just a few months ago.

Tim

I thought I had posted these but I must have goofed something up.

Thanks, Vexhold, for the motivation to be a loser again this year. I hope to keep it off this time and get to my goal of 200lbs.

imag1029.jpg

imag1030y.jpg

I didnt know about this but since Jan. 1 st 2012 i have lost 100 lbs. I wore a 56 pants and now I wear a 38 pant.

These are the same pics you posted 2 months ago. Post new ones.

I thought I had posted these but I must have goofed something up.

Thanks, Vexhold, for the motivation to be a loser again this year. I hope to keep it off this time and get to my goal of 200lbs.

imag1029.jpg

imag1030y.jpg

Great Job Everyone. Congrats to PAMD Tim for winning and making it a difficult competition. When I saw the numbers the first week I had a feeling it may be down to you and I:lol:. Keep up the good work everyone. I for one already feel like a new man with 50 less pounds to carry around with me everyday. I still have a long road ahead of me but feel I'm off to a good start.

Updated the third place spot.

Dirt Nuker!

And not without punishment either.

I have been attached to my pedometer for months now and aim for 50,000 steps per week. I tried to walk 1-2 miles each lunch at work and if the weather wasn't so great I went to a Walmart a couple miles away and walked the racetrack inside the store. If I had the urge (and fresh batteries) I walked a nearby park for a lunch MD run. Now and again I treated myself to a nice McDonalds breakfast. The Egg McMuffin meal really isn't that bad for calories. A light lunch if I did that for breakfast.

I can't do the amount of physical exercise that I wanted to. A couple knee surgeries knocked out some of it. What I did do was a "game" on my XBOX called EA Sports Active Sports. It's a killer. If you have a Wii, XBOX or PS3 you can get it for real cheap. It has motion sensors and a heart rate monitor so there's no cheating it. My online group burnt a lot of calories using this over the weeks.

And water....oh, the water I drank (reluctantly). I hate drinking water. I need something with taste. Lemonade mix saved my sanity but if there's a way to lose weight without drinking camel amounts of water, I'll do it.

In the end I lost about 25lbs. I haven't seen sub-200lbs in many months. I credit 2-3 lbs lost due to a nasty bout with the flu. I'll try to lose just a few more pounds but I think I'll hold around 190 if I can. This weekend I had two graduation parties and I totally leaped head-first off the wagon into the most delicious pizza in the world. I've never said no to Manny's Pizza in Savanna, IL since I first tasted it back in the late 70's. It's crack I tell you.

Any more weight loss will come from yet more walking and sweating off more pounds while MDing some park. Next weight loss challenge I'll be watching (and cheering everybody) from the sidelines (and not holding a water bottle).:D

Back
Top Bottom