• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New 800 and new Tony Esienhower Headphones

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
I've been waiting since April for the 8oo to come in. Well I got it last Wednesday. I knew it was on it's way so I contacted Tony Eisenhower about a set of his headphones. I got them in 3 days. Well today was the maiden voyage for the Nox and the headphones. I must admit The nox got the best of me. I hadn't read the manual and just winged it. So I used up a lot of time being lost. We are having high surf and massive amounts of seaweed on the treasure coast. I did find a silver Crucifix, a silver ring and a nice necklace that I think might be gold but I'm going to have to acid test it before I claim victory. I'll post the photos when the test is done. But I must say, Tony's headphone surpassed anything I've used to this point. I have the best luck with my bad hearing with Pro Gold and own two pair for the CTX. But I could hear the tiniest piece of foil with Tony's HP's. So a big thank you to Tony for building such a great product.

Good luck with the Equinox and there's a learning curve for sure which I'm still trying to master.

Nice going :yes: Sounds like you did awesome on the maiden voyage, even with the seaweed. Usually when I see a bunch of seaweed it means foil, canslaw, and bottle caps.

I tried to read the manual before I got my Equinox and still ran into issues on the 2nd hunt. Got an overload exclamation mark on the LCD but thought it was a battery issue, called the hunt short naively.

Good Luck Dirty Dog! Never to old to learn..

And I hate seaweed too

And I hate seaweed too

I see seaweed on the beach and it only means one thing; tide is bringing the seaweed and everything else with it onto the beach. But then I watch that seaweed; where was it yesterday and where is it today.

:D

R5

Here it's the dark green patches in the water. Covering the bottom. Impossible to swing in... But winter is coming..I think

We have it in the Gulf too..... it absolutely drives the Nox nuts in the bottom of the trough.

Defaults arent that bad..... just needs a few tweaks for your own hearing advantages in the bins.

Tony makes some great phones. He just did an upgrade for me and sending mine back today...... new sound board and strain relief connector. Looking forward to see how they sound now.

Good luck with the Equinox and there's a learning curve for sure which I'm still trying to master.

Felix I just took it out without reading anything. Watched a couple of videos. But it was a good learning day. Thanks

Nice going :yes: Sounds like you did awesome on the maiden voyage, even with the seaweed. Usually when I see a bunch of seaweed it means foil, canslaw, and bottle caps.

I tried to read the manual before I got my Equinox and still ran into issues on the 2nd hunt. Got an overload exclamation mark on the LCD but thought it was a battery issue, called the hunt short naively.

I've found some nice rings and chains wrapped up in seaweed. I hate to see it on the beach but it sometimes holds the goods.

And I hate seaweed too

I believe when all else fails, read the manual.:lol:

I see seaweed on the beach and it only means one thing; tide is bringing the seaweed and everything else with it onto the beach. But then I watch that seaweed; where was it yesterday and where is it today.

R5

You are right R5. Seaweed can bring in some strange things. Sometimes good things.

Here it's the dark green patches in the water. Covering the bottom. Impossible to swing in... But winter is coming..I think

Not here OBN. We have another hurricane on the way.

We have it in the Gulf too..... it absolutely drives the Nox nuts in the bottom of the trough.

Defaults arent that bad..... just needs a few tweaks for your own hearing advantages in the bins.

Tony makes some great phones. He just did an upgrade for me and sending mine back today...... new sound board and strain relief connector. Looking forward to see how they sound now.

Where I was hunting yesterday, you couldn't get in the water. Life guards posted stay out no swimming. I haven't gotten it in the surf yet. maybe in a few days. Tony's headphones were a nice surprise out of the water. I just hope it is the way under.

Good luck with the new detector and phones.. hopefully that green !!!! gets taken out with the next storm

Looks like a big one on the way Steve. I'm on the Treasure Coast so it may not help over here.

I've found some nice rings and chains wrapped up in seaweed. I hate to see it on the beach but it sometimes holds the goods.

Nice :) I've seen a few dollar bills, that's about it. Think I saw Felix get a light silver in the seaweed as well. Pretty wild. Guess it depends on the slope of your beach and density of seaweed.

Good luck learning with the Nox. :)

I'm still learning things about the Nox every time I go out. There are probably 1000 different ways to set the detector up but I think I am getting closer too finding the settings that work for me. Sounds like you are off to a good start but for many of us the Nox was (is) challenging to configure for optimum performance.

If today is any indication....... its not helping over here either. Taking loose sand pushing it N. Low tide today....... well theres a lot of worthless sand there......hey but the bottle caps were moving.... or being pulled off the beach. I suspect the next couple of days BIG waves will tell..... you will just have to find a spot that something different happened.

Nice :) I've seen a few dollar bills, that's about it. Think I saw Felix get a light silver in the seaweed as well. Pretty wild. Guess it depends on the slope of your beach and density of seaweed.

Good luck learning with the Nox. :)
Here is a ring in the seaweed I found about a year or ago. I'll show the chain in another post.

I'm still learning things about the Nox every time I go out. There are probably 1000 different ways to set the detector up but I think I am getting closer too finding the settings that work for me. Sounds like you are off to a good start but for many of us the Nox was (is) challenging to configure for optimum performance.

Compass I've been using the CTX since the first came out and after using it I can kinda stumble through and get it working. Still different and a learning curve from the CTX.

If today is any indication....... its not helping over here either. Taking loose sand pushing it N. Low tide today....... well theres a lot of worthless sand there......hey but the bottle caps were moving.... or being pulled off the beach. I suspect the next couple of days BIG waves will tell..... you will just have to find a spot that something different happened.
Dew, be safe over there. This one looks like it will be a moster. I hope it moves the seaweed out and gives us a few cuts.

More likely to rip up more sea weed which we will see a few days after if the winds stay. Hoping it at least spread out the red tide.

congrats on getting your nox and tonys headphones i have them as well and they are very good and i also love the pro gold headphones nice and loud H.H.DIRTYDOG:D

More likely to rip up more sea weed which we will see a few days after if the winds stay. Hoping it at least spread out the red tide.

Went out for another hunt today with good success. The seaweed was almost gone but some of the beaches I checked were sanded.

congrats on getting your nox and tonys headphones i have them as well and they are very good and i also love the pro gold headphones nice and loud H.H.DIRTYDOG:D

Thanks brnco. I'm getting the hang of the Nox. I went out with it for 6 hour hunt again today. A good hunt for our conditions. Got in after dark so I'll try to post tomarrow.

R5

The Lama likes the seaweed. Saw him poliwaging one time. Never been the same since.

Realized something today ...... speakers on the Nox you dont get a lot of modulations..... piezos in Tony phones you do get modulation and darn good tones. My speakers are a little louder, but I like Tonys phones are top notch and you can get um wet without a problem.

Realized something today ...... speakers on the Nox you dont get a lot of modulations..... piezos in Tony phones you do get modulation and darn good tones. My speakers are a little louder, but I like Tonys phones are top notch and you can get um wet without a problem.

I haven't gotten mine wet yet but I love the comfort and sound. The tones are very crisp and I can hear a whisper with them I haven't noticed with the Pro Gold. And I love them on my CTX. If they work well under water, I'll be ordering a pair for the CTX.

I'm local to Tony and he's a good friend of mine. I got a pair his white NOX head phones, a pair for my CTX and a pair for my Excal. All top notch. I think the NOX ones are the best btw. No guessing if you have a target. It SCREAMS! and they are beyond comfortable. This is not a paid advertisement or affiliation in any way btw. :p;)

Back
Top Bottom