Fisher Impulse AQ detector update

Videos posted on Youtube by Fisher - sales coming very soon I guess.

Videos just posted of Impulse AQ detector here in this link.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,145750,page=19

TDI literally does this already (knocking out nails), if you know how to set it up. Would like to see the same tests with bobby pins, bet they give a sweet tone like a good target, just like the TDI does. Seems like they took the TDI, made "ground balance off" into "all metal", and "ground balance on" into the 2 disc modes, with preset ground balance values to disc out nails but hear gold (which can already be done with the TDI with the right ground balance settings). Bobby pins however, they are in the conductivity range of gold, so you cant knock them out.

As a beach hunter, bobby pins are far more prevalent on my beaches than nails, so you are still digging a ton of junk targets.

Would like to see a test of the max depth, all metal vs the disc modes. On the TDI you get about 3 inches more depth with ground balance off vs ground balance on (disc mode). If you lose a lot of depth with disc on, then it is just a tweaked TDI IMO.

Last edited:
TDI literally does this already (knocking out nails), if you know how to set it up. Would like to see the same tests with bobby pins, bet they give a sweet tone like a good target, just like the TDI does. Seems like they took the TDI, made ground balance off all metal, and ground balance on into the 2 disc modes, with preset ground balance values to disc out nails but hear gold (which can already be done with the TDI with the right ground balance settings).

As a beach hunter, bobby pins are far more prevalent on my beaches than nails, so you are still digging a ton of junk targets.

Would like to see a test of the max depth, all metal vs the disc modes. On the TDI you get about 3 inches more depth with ground balance off vs ground balance on (disc mode). If you lose a lot of depth with disc on, then it is just a tweaked TDI IMO.

Exactly.

TDI literally does this already (knocking out nails), if you know how to set it up. Would like to see the same tests with bobby pins, bet they give a sweet tone like a good target, just like the TDI does. Seems like they took the TDI, made ground balance off all metal, and ground balance on into the 2 disc modes, with preset ground balance values to disc out nails but hear gold (which can already be done with the TDI with the right ground balance settings). Bobby pins however, they are in the conductivity range of gold, so you cant knock them out.

Don’t think it’s a tweaked TDI.
Reason: I don’t think it would have been developed if so.
We’ll hopefully see more test.
And maybe see how the time delay affects behavior.

Here’s why I don’t think unit is a tweaked TDI unit:::
This was posted here on this forum a while back.
> June 2017
> Here’s thread where posted.
> http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read
> .php?2,118896,127567#msg-127567
> For those of you with bad eyesight. The word seri
> ously below was put in italics by poster.
>
>
> Geotech Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes, we've hired Alexandre. Yes, we are working
> on
> > PI. I was personally working on PI before hiring
> A
> > lexandre, but now we are seriously workin
> g
> > on PI. :) Sorry, cain't say much more about that
> ,
> > and cain't offer up any ETA's, mostly cause I do
> n'
> > t know myself.
>

Some crosstalk from a gent who seems used proto type some time ago. This below from this thread/link.
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,161662,162393#msg-162393

TheHunterGT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Rick hit the nail on the head....I tested the head
> phones. (I can hold my breath for nearly 2 minutes
> and I'm an audiophile).
>
> Obviously, I got to play with the machine for the
> week I had it, and FTP did want my feedback on it,
> but I make zero fantasy I am in the same league as
> the French team as far as PI knowledge goes.
>
> They can answer questions and release info as they
> see fit. The NDA for Americans is much stricter.
> (:P)
>
> I can say I came away impressed...found gold with
> it on the first day. Obviously, that raised my ey
> ebrows...luck or not.
>
> It grunts on 12-inch deep nails....and sings on 12
> -inch deep gold rings. Like I said in the other
> thread...that was 6-bar gold claim dirt. I am a g
> old prospector before I am a beach hunter...so my
> desire is a prospecting version of this. (Yes I k
> now more gold can be found at beaches...I prefer n
> atural gold. It is what it is). So yeah...it ma
> de the gold go boing...and the iron go burp...at d
> epth. That was a thin 10k ladies band. I will as
> sume a nickel...large gold ring...large gold nugge
> t...would be very clear at 15-16-17+...easily. Th
> ere was room to spare for sure.
>
> As far as the myriad of questions. I either canno
> t say due to the NDA...or I cannot say because I j
> ust don't know. I would be thankful FTP is even a
> llowing a green light on any of this chatter. :)
> -D

New data posted by inventor - forum name goldenretriever. I has asked some questions below as you can see.
This info below copied and be seen here in this link:
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,145750,162395#msg-162395

goldenretriever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's only conductivity except for special targets,
> but it does not avoid the same traps as on the VLF
> , BBS
>
> US nickel or ring in this material is not rejected
> .
>
> US nickel or ring inside nails is detected
>
> Beer caps like on VLF or BBS it depends if they ar
> e new or rusty.
>
> A fence staple is discriminated, rejected.
>
> A closed iron ring, it cuts and at the same time i
> t rings slightly. (we never find this at the beach
> , 1 time out of 50 detection days)
>
> We can find stainless steel rings sometimes from b
> oats, stainless steel is not discriminated nor rej
> ected
>
> The IMPULSE AQ is not a coin shooter. (i.e. high c
> onductor targets)
>
> The IMPULSE AQ is create to find gold and only gol
> d without wasting time ! its motto : Find gold and
> do not dig the rest…
>
> However, it detects very well the high conductors
> in All Metal mode only. With a high enough iron re
> ject setting to cut the iron, most high conducting
> targets will be discriminated out.
>
> There is no hole in conductivity like some competi
> tors. And he loses almost no depth in his modes of
> discrimination.
>
> An experienced prospector can use All Metal mode t
> o detect and discriminate ferrous metals, as most
> ferrous metals (> 90% of targets) emit a double be
> ep.
>
> Le.Jag for example detects only in all metals mode
> and yet he does not dig on any ferrous ! The resu
> lt he gets leaves us speechless.. B)-
>
> I will make videos! But we will have to wait, I ha
> ve a lot of work, and I make these videos on my fr
> ee time ... 8-)
>
> tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Obviously what I want to know is it conductivity
> t
> > he detector sees and behaves the ways it does.
> > Or is it shape of target that makes detector beh
> av
> > e the way I does. Or a combo of both?
> >

TDI literally does this already (knocking out nails), if you know how to set it up. Would like to see the same tests with bobby pins, bet they give a sweet tone like a good target, just like the TDI does. Seems like they took the TDI, made "ground balance off" into "all metal", and "ground balance on" into the 2 disc modes, with preset ground balance values to disc out nails but hear gold (which can already be done with the TDI with the right ground balance settings). Bobby pins however, they are in the conductivity range of gold, so you cant knock them out.

It has to be sampling 2 channels because was talk about a "hole"... The one setting looks like a locked in offset GB. The other is self explanatory...

Funny a whole forum now looks like an advertiser, but no surprise when the owner writes a post about "pulse induction" in general, and the odds of the two pushing it the most post on that thread the same day. What are the odds of that???

Watch the video closely, I know PI's dont air test worth a darn... On all metal when testing the nail... Watch that couple times. You should notice it right away. The gold was only tested on another setting. But watch that whole gold one a few times as well, notice anything interesting? Gold was not tested on all metal. Sounded at times the coil was being overloaded...

Since it is a 12" coil and the video does not move, can pause the video and put a piece of tape the length of the coil. Then stick it horizontally, great for "depth" measurement... Supposedly only running 15v regulated, not sure if that is to the coil.

If you do see what I am referring to, don't post it. PM me if necessary. This thread has gone all over the place and I doubt anyone even noticed...

It has to be sampling 2 channels because was talk about a "hole"... The one setting looks like a locked in offset GB. The other is self explanatory...

Funny a whole forum now looks like an advertiser, but no surprise when the owner writes a post about "pulse induction" in general, and the odds of the two pushing it the most post on that thread the same day. What are the odds of that???

Watch the video closely, I know PI's dont air test worth a darn... On all metal when testing the nail... Watch that couple times. You should notice it right away. The gold was only tested on another setting. But watch that whole gold one a few times as well, notice anything interesting? Gold was not tested on all metal. Sounded at times the coil was being overloaded...

Since it is a 12" coil and the video does not move, can pause the video and put a piece of tape the length of the coil. Then stick it horizontally, great for "depth" measurement... Supposedly only running 15v regulated, not sure if that is to the coil.

If you do see what I am referring to, don't post it. PM me if necessary. This thread has gone all over the place and I doubt anyone even noticed...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Both videos are unavailable now, lol.

I didn't want to say anything about the TDI disc, my secret weapon, but it seems the cat is out of the bag anyway now with this new machine making it more user friendly. Would rather see my friends on here buy a TDI Beachhunter for half the price, and be able to do the same thing, than let them buy this Fisher machine that steals (or borrows if they are paying Whites) Eric Foster's and White's ideas.

Fisher doesn't like to develop new metal detector technology, the CZ series was just licensed Minelab technology. I'm sure they are now paying Whites to use their PI technology (that was bought from Eric Foster), to use in this new machine with a few tweaks.

Tempted to do an air test video with the TDI showing that you can do the exact same PI disc with the 10+ year old TDI. Too busy though.

Last edited:
Crumble, you wrote - in part...

“....this Fisher machine that steals (or borrows if they are paying Whites) Eric Foster's and White's ideas.

Fisher doesn't like to develop new metal detector technology, the CZ series was just licensed Minelab technology. I'm sure they are now paying Whites to use their PI technology (that was bought from Eric Foster), to use in this new machine with a few tweaks.”

The above assertions are completely false.

The CZ series has almost nothing in common with any Minelab design except that it is multifrequency - and Minelab has never alleged otherwise. There has never been any license sought by Fisher or granted to them by Minelab.

Eric Foster’s series of Ground Balancing PI’s were noticed by Whites and Whites decided that instead of using the same principle of 2 channel PI detection and spending a ton of money on development engineering, they would simply adopt (for a fee) the Foster Goldscan design and produce it.

Alexandre Tartar studied Eric’s approach and spent many years developing and improving the basic concepts. Nothing in the Manta (now the Impulse AQ) infringes in any way on the intellectual property rights of either Whites or Eric Foster. Fisher acquired the Manta project, technology and all and hired the design team.

No one, except you has alleged - or is likely to allergy that Fisher licensed (or stole) any technology from Foster or Whites.

What I want to know is how could someone watch a few minutes of video and know what’s inside the detector (tech wise) or make such claims as they have.

Maybe these folks should be engineering detectors.lol

Yeah those posts above will be here. Maybe in time after the cat is really out of the bag with this detector as to its performance we can look back here and see if any genius was used or not.

So basically all detector engineers may as well quit. Go home. There is no way in the world an engineer could discover something to improve on or find something new vs what has already been engineered for folks to use on a salt water beach.

:lol::lol:

Why would these folks even be reading in this thread at all if this were so?

I may be wrong here. But if I read correctly this French gent named Alexandre showed his project early on to another engineer living in USA who I think is very familiar with TDI ops and other pi detector units. And seems what the USA based engineer witnessed got his attention and got it well. Hence he (Alexandre) was connected with the folks at First Texas. And the project was developed and refined even moreso.

Last edited:
Tnss - you are not wrong about the Alexandre Tartar connection with Fisher. Carl Moreland who is the Chief Engineer at First Texas (Fisher, etc.) runs a website called Geotech.

Alexandre posted about his work developing the Manta project, including how it was based on a long study of previous work,including Eric Fosters and years of further development.

One thing led to another and First Texas bought the technology (not licensed - bought) and hired Alexandre and his Team.

Lots of what IFS here as far as this detector vs previous released waterproof pi units.

Depth
Abillity to discern iron at more depths.
Weight
Sweep speed allowed and still detect deeper vs the competition.
How stable
How Emi prone
How quiet can detector be run and still find the goods (like no or less threshold).

Sure other units may indeed find some of the goods (gold rings) but can this detector make for less digging?? Faster hunting??? Less burdensome due to less weight?? And find as much or more on average.

We’ll see eventually.

Rick/ Dave

Don't mind Crum, the Cz is a dual freq. Vlf, The cz's have been around a long time , if Crum's an expert in anything , it's land mine detector's :lol: , not going to knock the Manta anymore because i am getting one, hoping they come out April, before the season starts, not mid season, the season is 4 months here, that's it, Tnss thanks for posting info, wish we saw some more live hunt, crator hole gold recoveries, happy hunting, Earl

Don't mind Crum, the Cz is a dual freq. Vlf, The cz's have been around a long time , if Crum's an expert in anything , it's land mine detector's :lol: , not going to knock the Manta anymore because i am getting one, hoping they come out April, before the season starts, not mid season, the season is 4 months here, that's it, Tnss thanks for posting info, wish we saw some more live hunt, crator hole gold recoveries, happy hunting, Earl

We should give benefit of doubt until actual user(s) of detector - many of them-arrive at some conclusions based on actual use for what the detector is intended.
Only fair.

I am sure the detector will have weaknesses too just like every other PI detector or VLF detector for that matter.

Thanks Earl. I get kind of worked up when folks start posting stuff which is simply wrong. Opinions are fine - we all have them.

This machine will continue to stir up emotions. Hopefully it will become clearer as folks who use it relate their experiences. the one good thing is this device has a “terrible simplicity”.

No “modes” where the user pushes a button an lots of controls internal to the device are altered in ways that are never explained to the users. The history of this stuff goes back a ways and most manufacturers have used this kind of approach ever since software began to become more important than hardware in detector performance.

The AQ has a few knobs. They are clearly marked. In some cases, an adjustment of one control will effectively alter the performance of the machine in a way that the adjustment of another control should be made to keep performance at an optimum level.

Every one of these controls however affects a SINGLE function -
1. threshold,
2. sensitivity,
3. self adjusting threshold,
4. iron mask (a control for offsetting the two channels of PI signal processing),
5. A selector switch for on/off, frequency shift noise cancel, and all metal or two different iron ID modes.
6. a knob which is used (depending on the setting of knob 5)to select noise cancel freq. or to set the minimum pulse delay setting.

No mysterious links between bits of internal software, no menus to navigate - just a few knobs and you ears. LE.JAG’s finds demonstrate that that is plenty.

We

Will see Dave, i guess i can work with 5 hour's hunt time, and i can work with the 1 meter waterproofing , as the Excalibur's will be used in the water this year, the Manta will be used in the wet , hoping that new design U shaped shaft to coil connection work's good in the wash, as the 15 Equinox, and Ctx 17 are fragile their . happy hunting guy's, Earl

Back
Top Bottom