Happy π Day everyone!

Foragist

Forum Supporter
So, having trouble sleeping, I'm up in the wee hours of the morning, reading up on the daily internet news. I discover that today is pi day. Get it? March 14th...3/14...pi is 3.14...
They say the digits after the decimal points continues on forever, with no pattern. They have it calculated(just for fun) to over 20 trillion decimal places!
There's a guy from India who memorized 70,000 of those numbers!! He recited them blindfolded for the Guiness Book of World Records. Took about nine hours.
So far in my life, I have had no use for the formula C=πr², or A=2πr. I have always kept this in mind, though; just in case.
Now, I crave pie. Happy pi Day!
If you have a pi story, here's your thread.

So, having trouble sleeping, I'm up in the wee hours of the morning, reading up on the daily internet news. I discover that today is pi day. Get it? March 14th...3/14...pi is 3.14...
They say the digits after the decimal points continues on forever, with no pattern. They have it calculated(just for fun) to over 20 trillion decimal places!
There's a guy from India who memorized 70,000 of those numbers!! He recited them blindfolded for the Guiness Book of World Records. Took about nine hours.
So far in my life, I have had no use for the formula C=πr², or A=2πr. I have always kept this in mind, though; just in case.
Now, I crave pie. Happy pi Day!
If you have a pi story, here's your thread.

Pi is an irrational number. The reason for all the places after decimal with no exact number specified. So 22/7 and run it out will get you pi equivalent.
So maybe this is the reason for no perfect world. Lol

Pi Aurora.jpg

Table talk pie company sells those mini pies for 50 cents a piece on Pi day if I remember correctly. Now I need a pie with my coffee :laughing:

Pi is an irrational number. The reason for all the places after decimal with no exact number specified. So 22/7 and run it out will get you pi equivalent.
So maybe this is the reason for no perfect world. Lol
We can blame it all on pi!?!? Works for me! :laughing:
Wow, what a shot! Nice representation of the pi symbol.
Table talk pie company sells those mini pies for 50 cents a piece on Pi day if I remember correctly. Now I need a pie with my coffee :laughing:
OOOH, now I am wondering if there are any pie sales around here today!
I failed Algebra twice. The teacher kept saying pi r squared. And I told her no, pi are round and cake are square. :D
Ha ha. I think the rest of the class got past that joke on day one. :lol:
Here's some for ya: What do you get if you divide the circumference of a jack-o-lantern by it's diameter? Pumpkin Pi!
Why should you never start a conversation with pi? Because he's irrational, and goes on forever.
What do you call a sailor who circumnavigates the globe? A pi-rate! :pirate2:

OK, I just found out that the world record for calculating pi has just been broken...today...on pi day 2019! Google employee Emma Haruka Iwao not only beat the old 22-some trillion digit record, but she ran it up to a fitting 31,415,926,535,897 digits in honor of pi day!
It took a few months of massive data in the cloud, so if your cloud based speed has been slow lately, you can blame it on pi!

We can blame it all on pi!?!? Works for me! :laughing:

Wow, what a shot! Nice representation of the pi symbol.

OOOH, now I am wondering if there are any pie sales around here today!

Ha ha. I think the rest of the class got past that joke on day one. :lol:
Here's some for ya: What do you get if you divide the circumference of a jack-o-lantern by it's diameter? Pumpkin Pi!
Why should you never start a conversation with pi? Because he's irrational, and goes on forever.
What do you call a sailor who circumnavigates the globe? A pi-rate! :pirate2:

I guess it's all fun and games until someone loses the square root of -1. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom