Hey Michigan! You Too Can Now Have the Florida Experience!!!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter

Attachments

• dude!.jpg
    dude!.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 404
I was just there today. I wonder where exactly, in the beach area or near the marina?

Wonder if it was once somebody's pet and after it got too big to keep they let it loose?

I knew a person back in the early 80s in a suburb of Chicago that had a 5 ft. gator as a pet. I have a video I made of it. He mainly kept it in the bathtub but it also had a closet for itself. He had another 1.5 ft. baby gator that was outgrowing it's tank. DK what ever happened to either gator. :shock:

Oh joy the gators made it here before the Asian carp. What next snakeheads?

Maybe some of these fellows to keep the gators comany! :laughing:

Attachments

• 051717-ctm-pythonhunting-strassmann-1316976-640x360.jpg
    051717-ctm-pythonhunting-strassmann-1316976-640x360.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 317
Two related stories.

First story. In Georgia where I live, we have a tailwater that runs through Atlanta. The temp out of the dam is a chilly 55 degrees +-. In town, for several years there lived a gator. Not sure how it survived in that cold water but it did.

Second story, relates to how did the Michigan gator get there. I had a friend in college who was a bit of an idiot. Rich dad, had all the toys. So for fun he bought 3 baby gators while in Florida. He got bored with them and let them loose on his Dad's property. 10+ acres a creek and a pond. In theory, nothing would stop them from growing up enough to breed and have a good little family of gators running around. I've not heard any stories of gators roaming around in that area so hopefully the cold weather got them.

BCD

Most likely a released pet. I doubt it migrated there on it's own and I doubt the conditions there could allow them to repopulate.

Pish Posh! I'd make a finds pouch and a wallet out of the main carcass, and a cool looking Wizards hat out of the tail...and eat the rest of course!...:laughing:

I've always wanted to make myself a cool Wizards hat like Gandalf wears out of an alligators tail!...I think it would go over HUGE at my next Larpers Club event! It would really round out my total Wizards costume for sure! :laughing:

Last edited:
I'm surprised it wasn't eaten by a polar bear before those peeps could rescue it.

Back
Top Bottom