Port Richey treasure hunter has uncanny knack

~Alan~

Forum Supporter
Port Richey treasure hunter has uncanny knack

PORT RICHEY — The wet sand sifts through the scoop and there it is, gold, shining warm like a small sun beaming just for him. This is what keeps Vinny Mariotti going, 10 hours a day, seven days a week. "The thrill of the unknown," he says. He 55 and retired, living in Port Richey with his second wife and a small, white Shih Tzu named Pee Pee, a nickname that stuck after a tumultuous potty training.

Full Story from:
Tampabay.com

That's a really interesting story, he sounds like a really cool guy!

I bet claims on that mysterious medallion come out of the woodwork now that the story is out there!

THanks for a neat story. There's a guy here who hunts every day in the parks till he digs 100 coins. He always gets them. steve in so az

ten hours a day??????? man, that sounds more like a job, I, myself, me and as an individual, this is a hobby, the finds are kewl but to put myself thru 10 hours of this sun down here every day, well that isn't a hobby anymore. Sorry, that's just my feelings.

ten hours a day??????? man, that sounds more like a job, I, myself, me and as an individual, this is a hobby, the finds are kewl but to put myself thru 10 hours of this sun down here every day, well that isn't a hobby anymore. Sorry, that's just my feelings.

I tend to agree. It's a hobby for enjoyment and relaxation.

Saying that, walking across a ploughed field for a couple of hours can be hard work. :yes:

Hey All,
I hope I didn't sound flippant, I think the work that Mr. Mariotti is doing is just wonderful!! What an amazing guy!!
I sent him an email about the Phaistos Disk, and invited him to the forum. Hopefully he'll join us!!

Char

Back
Top Bottom