City owned property

Along with Parks and Recs person or the mayor, are there any other people working for the city that would be able to give these permissions? Excellent info btw. I'm just curious to know as well for future en-devours.

Around here, if the city owns it, I hunt it. I just treat it like a park. If you feel you must ask, go to city hall.

Good luck!

x2 ;
several houses near here are getting tore down for a highway expansion, and other city owned vacant lots where houses used to be, go for it ,
but do it neatly

Around here, they just took a similar area and turned it into a...... Wait for it....

CEMETERY

Now it won't ever get hunted...

<°)))>{

Along with Parks and Recs person or the mayor, are there any other people working for the city that would be able to give these permissions? Excellent info btw. I'm just curious to know as well for future en-devours.

You mean as in .... authorized to be giving the "permission" (as if it were needed) ?

I have heard of persons who, thinking they needed permission (parks, schools, eminent domain, etc...) got it from someone at city hall. Eg.: whomever was sitting at the reception desk, or a teacher or janitor, etc.. HOWEVER, later .... someone ELSE accosts them at the park or school. The md'r proudly whips out his permission ... ONLY to have it promptly revoked. Telling the md'r that they have higher authority, and that so & so "didn't have the right or authority to be granting that permission". And the md'r is scolded, and sent away as if he were a criminal.

So that md'r, the NEXT time he goes to seek "permissions" (as if it were needed) goes RIGHT TO THE TOP, eh ? The mayor himself, or the entire city council assembled before him. Do you see how silly this can get ?

I even heard of one guy, who got 3 or 4 "yes's", but kept worrying that "perhaps they didn't have the authority?". FINALLY, he found a city manager who told him "no". Well gee, does something sound a little silly there ?

If it were me, then any little girl swinging on the swing set has the proper authority to tell me "yes". :D

:lol: Fair enough. As long as there are no laws specifically stating that it's illegal to dig (Because let's be honest; metal detecting itself isn't what's prohibited. It's the digging that sometimes can be), I suppose the worst that could happen is someone saying "Hey, you can't do that here." and off you go.

Back
Top Bottom