A golden what is it...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
Finally went out this afternoon for a short hunt... I spied a beach yesterday while driving around and saw a scalloped out area of part of the slope...

I haven't hunted since tearing my meniscus and straining my MCL ligaments... many months of physical therapy have really strengthen my quads taking pressure off my knee..

Was hunting the edge finding small targets and got a nice smooth low tone and pulled the 14k what Swinglow thinks might be off a cuff link.. no clue.. also pulled a merc and wheat...

Gold is marked 14k underneath that is the makers mark m&n

I hadn't hunted since April so it felt good to get out again...

Attachments

• IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 894
  • IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 886
  • IMG_0828.jpg
    IMG_0828.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 865
Nice save Craig! Good to see you got out and can moved well.

She's gold and no clue what it is...other then what Steve said. You got a rear shot of or is it just smooth on the back?

Nice score.. looks like a cuff link or a pin.. minus the sharp end

Gold is gold and it all melts the same... I had thought possibly a hat pin broken off its an old beach...

She's gold and no clue what it is...other then what Steve said. You got a rear shot of or is it just smooth on the back?

Joe, first picture is the back right in middle is what is left of the weld mark on the bottom it says 14k followed by the makers mark. Second picture id the front it has a bevel to it.

Glad you finally got out. Were you tired after a long layoff ? Is that a buckle of some kind?

Glad you finally got out. Were you tired after a long layoff ? Is that a buckle of some kind?

No KOB.... I do landscaping swinging a Excal and digging in rocks is easier than work...

?mmmmm

Did you acid test it , don't see the 14k mark :roll::wow::laughing::laughing: :pirate: looks like GP , just kidding Craig , nice score . Ps -- Cuff Link +3. , the top cut on the link is called a half bull nose , same cut on my granite counter tops , it would create less drag putting the link through the shirt holes , but maintain the hold at the bottom because it's larger diameter and flat. As for granite counter tops why a half bull nose , & not a bull nose , answer is this, if you spill anything , on a half bull nose say the coffee won't run down on your cabnets, we're a full bull nose cut will.

Last edited:
:dingding:Good to see you back in the saddle and scoring some yellow. I'm with the cuff link theory. I think if it were a lady's pin of some type it would have a design.

Did you acid test it , don't see the 14k mark :roll::wow::laughing::laughing: :pirate: looks like GP , just kidding Craig , nice score . Ps -- Cuff Link +3. , the top cut on the link is called a half bull nose , same cut on my granite counter tops , it would create less drag putting the link through the shirt holes , but maintain the hold at the bottom because it's larger diameter and flat. As for granite counter tops why a half bull nose , & not a bull nose , answer is this, if you spill anything , on a half bull nose say the coffee won't run down on your cabnets, we're a full bull nose cut will.

I know what a cuff link is Earl... I wasn't born yesterday... Earl that little bottle of perfume still has a little in it.. give me your address and you can give it to Lisa :lol:

Congrats on the 14k!

Thanks Rat

It's good to feel good , I wish you more goodness ! Congrats on a sweet hunt !

Thanks Soil...

:dingding:Good to see you back in the saddle and scoring some yellow. I'm with the cuff link theory. I think if it were a lady's pin of some type it would have a design.

Thanks Felix... yeah I'm going to try again today somewhere... I have lots of small spots I can try... I knew the history of this spot... the average numbnut goes to the beach hoping to find something where as I know what was there before I hunt the beach and when I saw area carved up I knew I had a pretty good chance of scoring yellow...

close by to where I found the gold was a small shack where people could rent bathing suits... its long gone but a few goodies remain.

Lol

Ok , Craig " The Golden What Is It " kinda led me to think your not sure what it is , but maybe you wanted replies for reassurance, mine was the 3rd reply as to a cuff link , As far as the perfume , :laughing: she already has my guest room smelling like the brand she wares , I asked her what that was, she said " LOVE " Ps If that's it, come on down & give it to her yourself , glad to see you out again , if you get stiff , let me know, after a back to back hunt , I get stiff at 59 , happy hunting.

Nice little chunk of 14K there Craig, good to see you will be getting out more now that the season is starting :D good luck out there and happy hunting!

... pulled the 14k Gold is marked 14k underneath that is the makers mark m&n ...

Looks like the case cover to an art deco era watch. I have a dozen that look like that. Although the M&N puzzles me. Google search those letters with "watch".

Ok , Craig " The Golden What Is It " kinda led me to think your not sure what it is , but maybe you wanted replies for reassurance, mine was the 3rd reply as to a cuff link , As far as the perfume , :laughing: she already has my guest room smelling like the brand she wares , I asked her what that was, she said " LOVE " Ps If that's it, come on down & give it to her yourself , glad to see you out again , if you get stiff , let me know, after a back to back hunt , I get stiff at 59 , happy hunting.

Earl... I hunt with a back brace on because of my sciatica... I'm older than you and my back is tired from lifting heavy things at my job... ;) You should try it when you hunt.. its the brace that hangs off your shoulders otherwise I would be stopping every 50 feet to stretch out my back... sucks getting old.

its very similar to this one: http://bestbackbracesonline.com/back-braces/trademark-supplies-lumbar-support-back-brace-review/

as to the ring it looked like it could have been a old hat pin or the top of a ring but I think its the cufflink... I messaged him while at the beach and he told me his opinion which I went with.

i was trying to come up with a name for the perfume.. but everything I was thinking of would get me banned :lol:

Nice little chunk of 14K there Craig, good to see you will be getting out more now that the season is starting :D good luck out there and happy hunting!

Thanks Cellar... yup my season is just beginning.. I have never really wanted to hunt during the summer months not looking for fresh drops.. old spots at these beaches are sort of my cellar holes without the ticks or large cents :lol:

Looks like the case cover to an art deco era watch. I have a dozen that look like that. Although the M&N puzzles me. Google search those letters with "watch".

There is a weld mark right in the middle if the first picture.. there was a gold nub which I guess I cleaned off when I scrubbed it.. the gold was dark from sitting in the gravel and mud. SurlySandCrab thought it was a watch back but its not.

This is a watch back :lol:

Attachments

• user32_pic56575_1394495248.jpg
    user32_pic56575_1394495248.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 729
When women give me that look and ask me what cologne I'm wearing , I tell them "Panty Dropper" and the rest is history !

Oooh oooh, I know I know ! The item on the upper right, of the 3rd picture, is commonly known as a square pull tab. And no, .... sorry .... it's not gold :no: Any other questions ? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom