4 Silver Day in the dirt

Irons

Forum Supporter
4 Silver Day in the dirt!!!! :cool:

Fun day at the old sports fields! The fields attach to a closed down elementary school so there is lots of ground to cover here.

There is also clad everywhere. I got 18 wheat pennies and nickels from the 1940's and 50's but only one silver quarter so far.

If one was to rake the pulltabs and bottle caps away from a section I bet there is a lot more silver coins under it all.

Fun though, I'll be able to came back here for years and dig coins. Nobody hunts this area there are high tones all over the place.

Got 3 silver rings to polish up and sell so it's a great start. I cannot wait until the ice finally leaves and I can get back into the water.

Good hunting out there folks! :grin:

1RS.jpg

3RS.jpg

4RS.jpg

5RS.jpg

6RS.jpg

7RS.jpg

8RS.jpg

9RS.jpg

Wow that sounds like an incredible location for now and the future. Congrats on the rings, quarter and wheats !!! I know the water is calling but I would keep hitting that place because from your story there is much more good stuff in store for you there.

Wow that sounds like an incredible location for now and the future. Congrats on the rings, quarter and wheats !!! I know the water is calling but I would keep hitting that place because from your story there is much more good stuff in store for you there.

Thanks! It will still be there whenever I want to go back. The park is very old for my area and it's literally paved with pull tabs, rotted bottle caps and fresh tabs and caps. It's really bad.

I used a small DD coil and just picked high tones out of the mess. Sometimes I scraped the surface junk back to get a better signal. A steel rake would do wonders now that I know the high traffic areas.

By the school I was able to switch to the bigger coil.

6RS.jpg

1RS.jpg

4RS.jpg

What a great place to hunt!
By bigger coil, do you mean BIGGER?

Just the stock 8.5x11. I was using the 5x8 in all the tabs and caps. :grin:

I did try out the 15' NEL Sunday in a park and it works great, I nailed a wheatie and a 1881 indian in an area I had worked before so both coins were well out of stock AT Pro range.

I can't wait to get it in the water!

Great hunt Irons! Congrats on a little hunted site as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 52 quarter looks like it must have been pretty fresh when dropped.
Nice to have a dependable place to go as a backup.

Is the ice totally gone on lake Mich?

Have you tried the "Big" NEL coil in the water?

Good Huntin!

Congrats Irons!

That is an awesome day in the dirt, I've been in the water about ten times, and you already got more rings than me, from one dirt hunt! You can take a pirate out of the water, but he'll still be a pirate!!

Way to go man!

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom