I'm in LOVE!!!!

Way to go!!

My 5x8 never comes off!!

The whatsit, is an anchor end to a utility guy wire...

Congrats on the digs!!

<*)))>{

Thanks Ice Scratcher! I figured it had something to do with electrical wires but was thinking that it was some type of plug since its so soft like lead. Very interesting and glad I learned something today. Thats been bothering me..

All awsome finds but I'm partial to the Matchbox cars. Congratulations on the jaw dropping ring and the possibility of returning it.
Gotta watch that 5X8 DD coil though. It's addictive and after a while the stock coil may start showing rejection syndrome:lol:.

ATP/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT hand held

Will def use the stock coil in the fields and open trails of the woods where I plan on hitting but yeah that 5x8 is gonna be getting a workout to say the least.

We did get the ring back to the owner tonight. She was surprised and thought it was long gone. Gave my boy who was with helping me when we found it a $20 reward to put towards his own machine. That ring is what I am pretty sure sealed the deal on him wanting his detector like right now. Luckily his B-day is mid July so he may have one for most of the season anyhow.

@MtnClmbr - I hear ya about the nickels. I really like finding em. Always dig a nickel signal, and sometime I will keep swinging a mid tone and moving around to make it seem like a nickel! :laughing: We do have some pull tabs that ring up and sound identical to clean nickel signal and trick me all the time. Do seem to manage at least a couple each hunt lately, but this is the first buffalo.

I'm telling ya, that 5x8 will GET IN BETWEEN those NAILS. It completely TRANSFORMS AN ALREADY AMAZING MACHINE! WOW! WTG on that ring, never heard of the composition... palladium is a RARE find (when it comes to jewelry) it's VERY expensive also. Killer day! :D

BensJamming, Issac43 isn't exaggerating about the snappy way the 5X8 coil looks at targets.
The stock coil kind of tastes the targets by slowly licking them and savoring the touch.
The 5X8 coil feeds in fast bites and can discriminate a penney laying on a quarter under a pull tab.
You'll get a dorky sounding 75-55-84, which, with the stock coil would be so much trash because it flashes almost simultaneously and come across as a mid-low-high tone heard more as a series of pops.
Slow down and do a wiggle over the target and you can discriminate three separate targets rather than one scratchy, erratic trash target.
I like the lessened weight of the 5X8 too because it lets me hunt longer with less wrist strain.

I was skeptical at first on how much better it could be, but now after using it for about 6 hours or so I am sold. The weight savings is huge, not in amount of weight, but just easier to swing, pulled that last merc from between 2 square nails an inch above it or so, and was WAY easier to sneak it around the flower beds, and lower level saplings/brush.

Can say I have NO buyers remorse on this one at all.

Glad it's working for you too BensJamming, I'll admit I was skeptical about the 5x8 but after pulling dozens of coins and rings out of an area where an old dock once was I was sold.

I had gone over this area with my stock coil several times but going in with the 5x8 I was hearing the high and mid tones inbetween the square nails.

I'm going into another area just like it today! :D

All awsome finds but I'm partial to the Matchbox cars. Congratulations on the jaw dropping ring and the possibility of returning it.
Gotta watch that 5X8 DD coil though. It's addictive and after a while the stock coil may start showing rejection syndrome:lol:.

I didn't really see too much rejection by my old coil. My detector wasn't too happy at first to be teaming up with a new partner. Once they realized it was just for the money everything worked out fine.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom