Preacher made my lady cry today

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
So while out hunting another church we have permission on, A priest came out and was asking about what all we typically find and how the machine works. After a few mins he told me we have to show up to Sunday Mass if we wanted to continue hunting from now on. I happily accepted and the priest made his way over to our truck where Amanda and my newborn were sitting inside of. The Priest handed her a rosary bead and then $50 bucks and said "Here, this is for your new little one! I hope to see you guys this Sunday!" I didn't know he had given her anything and made my way back to the truck where Amanda was tearing up and I asked "Whats wrong?! what'd that guy say!" and she told me what had happened. Definitely not something I would have expected! Didnt find a whole lot at the church, just one old penny, but that priest definitely left a lasting impression on us!

Sounds like you met a man that actually practices what he preaches. Good for you, I'm glad you and your family had that experience.

:yes:

Attachments

• wwonka.jpg
    wwonka.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 318
"for what doth it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world,and lose his own soul!"
book of mark..new testament.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Sounds nice. Don't want to be the pessimist in the room here, but your story gives me, the reader, an impression that the preacher's impression was that you are dirt poor, and coinshooting to support your family. Maybe I'm all wrong, but many people do think that of guys who metal detect for coins.
Fifty bucks is a generous gift, no matter what his impressions were. Hope the "little one" doesn't spend it all in one place! :lol:

Sounds nice. Don't want to be the pessimist in the room here, but your story gives me, the reader, an impression that the preacher's impression was that you are dirt poor, and coinshooting to support your family. Maybe I'm all wrong, but many people do think that of guys who metal detect for coins.
Fifty bucks is a generous gift, no matter what his impressions were. Hope the "little one" doesn't spend it all in one place! :lol:

LOL I thought about that too but at the risk of sounding braggy, theres no way he would have thought we were desperate, especially seeing the truck we drive LOL. We have a VERY decked out, lifted Chevy Duramx... big black and chrome. I was definitely wondering what would have made him offer up such a gift, and especially at a time where we could have used it, but we definitely dont come off as homeless. Little one got herself a new swing chair today haha now mommy and daddy might get some sleep!

Brilliant! :laughing::laughing: First for the Pastor, "Fisher of Men" indeed! Easiest way to catch a New Man Congregation Member is through his Wife! The old Bait and Bribe! Like putting out carrots for deer! Chumming for sharks! :laughing:

Then for You, "How can I make an easy $50 and still go metal detecting?"

How might I incorporate this Strategic Money generating concept and pattern your success? Hmm...OK, Google Earth all the Churches in a 10 mile radius, research the ones advertising for New Membership... plot a route, then simply contact them and tell them for $50 I will show up for Sunday Service!

Maybe a guy can overlap and hit three or 4 services in one day depending on start and finish times? Maybe a guy could strongarm permissions from the existing Members with some yard hunting potential?

This concept could open up a whole new World for us me Buckos!:laughing:

(other than bringing a Wife and baby along, its a valid easy money strategy!)....

Brilliant! :laughing::laughing: First for the Pastor, "Fisher of Men" indeed! Easiest way to catch a New Man Congregation Member is through his Wife! The old Bait and Bribe! Like putting out carrots for deer! Chumming for sharks! :laughing:

Then for You, "How can I make an easy $50 and still go metal detecting?"

How might I incorporate this Strategic Money generating concept and pattern your success? Hmm...OK, Google Earth all the Churches in a 10 mile radius, research the ones advertising for New Membership... plot a route, then simply contact them and tell them for $50 I will show up for Sunday Service!

Maybe a guy can overlap and hit three or 4 services in one day depending on start and finish times? Maybe a guy could strongarm permissions from the existing Members with some yard hunting potential?

This concept could open up a whole new World for us me Buckos!:laughing:

(other than bringing a Wife and baby along, its a valid easy money strategy!)....

HAHAHA!! Oh man!! I can only hope to be as creative with my money makin scandals one day....

LOL I thought about that too but at the risk of sounding braggy, theres no way he would have thought we were desperate, especially seeing the truck we drive LOL. We have a VERY decked out, lifted Chevy Duramx... big black and chrome. I was definitely wondering what would have made him offer up such a gift, and especially at a time where we could have used it, but we definitely dont come off as homeless. Little one got herself a new swing chair today haha now mommy and daddy might get some sleep!

Aahh. That puts a big hole in my "pity" theory. :?: Switching now to optimism, I'll say sometimes the Lord puts fifty bucks in your hand at just the right time and place. Could be a great place to go on Sundays. Also, it sounds like you have a smart shopper in the family. :D

Aahh. That puts a big hole in my "pity" theory. :?: Switching now to optimism, I'll say sometimes the Lord puts fifty bucks in your hand at just the right time and place. Could be a great place to go on Sundays. Also, it sounds like you have a smart shopper in the family. :D

Haha little one gets her shopping habits from her momma. I take no credit for that LOL. And yeah, I have permission to go back as long as I go to mass. Im not catholic, or religious at all for that matter, but I struck a deal with the man and a handshake deal isn't something thats too common anymore. Ill definitely go to at least one of his services. Come to think of it, there's another church I have permission on (just got the permission saturday) that I have to go to service at as well haha. Twice now, preachers have come out and allowed me to hunt the area as long as we get to church on Sunday! If the areas weren't so old, and as far as I can tell, untouched by any other detector, I wouldn't be so quick to make a deal to go LOL but how often do you come across 100+ year old properties with silver rings and old coins 2 inches in the ground? Worth it! lol

Back
Top Bottom