*First Find With LRP*

Zippi

I received my Land Ranger Pro today. Got it put together and went out into the back yard just to get a feel for it. I set it in Coin mode and in about 20 min I found 6 clads. The shiny quarter and nickel were probably for out annual Easter egg hunt with the grand kids. Absolutely nothing to speak off but at least I know it is working properly and I did find something. Just need to learn how I want it set for what I want to find.

Attachments

• FIRST CLADS.jpg
    FIRST CLADS.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 261
Nice job. That'll help pay for the detector. Or you can save it up and buy accessories. Keep up the good work you never know what you will find.HH &GL

Good detector with a lot of adjustments. Best tip i can give you is to not swing it too fast or you will miss targets. Set a coin between a couple nails spaced at different distances to get an idea how fast to go.

Thanks guys. I have a local school yard, 4H Fair Ground, and an old church in mind. Picked up some 9V battery's at Rural King on Sunday and they were $7.90 for a pack of 2. Going to have to invest in some re-chargeables.

Picked up some 9V battery's at Rural King on Sunday and they were $7.90 for a pack of 2. Going to have to invest in some re-chargeables.

Nice start, Zippi - gives your ear some training in what to listen for with your LRP! Some junk will fool you eventually, but don't let that discourage you - it's valuable to learn the nuances of junk vs good targets, too.

Good idea on the rechargeables! I haven't used rechargeable 9v yet, but I'm thinking about trying them with my pinpointer. I used rechargeables with my previous two detectors but they used 4 AA batteries. It definitely saved me money in the long term over buying AAs, but one thing to be aware of is that rechargeables absolutely will not give you as much run time as standard batteries. My advice is to make sure you don't skimp on quality - look for the highest mAh rating you can find from a good name manufacturer, and make sure you get at least 2 to help compensate for the reduced run time.

Thanks guys,

I really don't consider my first find a success. What I found I can dig out of my pocket on any given day. Once I find my first coin in the teen's are older then I'll consider it a success.

while getting use to my LRP in the back yard and learning all the tones and finding a few coins I went through both of my wifes garden tools for digging. And when I say went through I mean I broke them. I thought it was time to get my own so I looked locally first. Didn't find what suited me so I bought one of the Garrett Edge Digger online. Looks like you could gut a hog with this one :laughing7: looks like it should get the job done.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 137
I started with an LRP too - it was a nice machine for learning and does great in open fields. I struggled a bit in a trashy park with the big coil, so I switched to the AT Pro and kept my LRP for the school fields and open ground. Good luck and happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom