Nox 600 settings for beach

digger64

Hey Guys and Gals New to forum. Been hunting for 15 years but never at the beach.Purchased a Nox 600 a week ago and am going to the beach here in NC for a wedding. Any advise on settings or proper use of the Nox on the beach would be great. Still cool here so dry sand and wet sand only. Low tide High tide? I'm totally Green to beach hunting. Thanks for your help in advance. HH

Low tide. Beach 1 with sensitivity jacked to the point of instability is all you need. Dry sand will contain much more trash.

try and get to the beach 2hrs before low tide and work the beach until tide comes back in my settings are when in surf beach 1 auto tracking wet sand i use beach 2 auto tracking sens 19-20 higher if you can though iron bias 2 recovery speed is up to you if not alot of ferrous junk drop it or vice versa good luck to you

Great advice so far. I do what brncofan does & get to the beach 2hrs before low tide & stay at least an hour past. The Nox 600 is fun to use on a beach. It works well in wet or dry sand and in the water. I tend to go with Beach 1 with sensitivity at 21+ until I'm mostly in the surf then I switch to Beach 2. In the water I use Beach 2. I'll put up with a bit of falsing in Beach 1 & high sensitivity near/in the surf because you can tell whats a false & what's a target after a while. I mostly hit the beach with a White's Dual Field but really enjoy the days that I take the Nox 600.

Back
Top Bottom