What machine would you take to the beach?

juit

Elite Member
I have a:
Etrac with 13U 11ML 8ML and sunray 5 coil
Nokta anfibio 11DD and 7 c coil
Vx3 with tons of coils but only a 950 an 5.3 concentrics

The beach is not too mineralized and i want to hunt in wet and dry sand no diving

Will go to some small parks too

Any help would apreciated

Waterproof

As the salt air , will penatrate the head, even if you dont get it wet, ran a etrac with a zip lock bag over the head, and a Gt with invironmental cover, hands down , still have it the GT wins with an invironmental cover, a 50 .00 extra, add a strait shaft 130.00 and two rechargables , that's a beach machine, in the water that's another beast.

As the salt air , will penatrate the head, even if you dont get it wet, ran a etrac with a zip lock bag over the head, and a Gt with invironmental cover, hands down , still have it the GT wins with an invironmental cover, a 50 .00 extra, add a strait shaft 130.00 and two rechargables , that's a beach machine, in the water that's another beast.

Ok thanks, but i only have the machines that i mentioned above and going to the beach next monday for a whole week

Ok

I also run the sef 10x12 on the GT for extra depth , use a sandwich ziplock over the E-trac head , and don't drop it it the wash line, you will be fine, however if you drop it, it's toast, happy beach vacation hunting , Earl

Stability wise

Good depth i ran the 10x12 sef on the E-trac , dirt diving i even liked it better than the ultimate, ran smoother, however if you have a wot 15 use it, allway's liked more coverage at the beach out of the water, as i also run CTX -17 and EQ -15 at the beach, semi waterproof because i all-way's play in the kill zone- wash line, however on a ruff day the 11 inch will work, what scoop are you using ?

Good depth i ran the 10x12 sef on the E-trac , dirt diving i even liked it better than the ultimate, ran smoother, however if you have a wot 15 use it, allway's liked more coverage at the beach out of the water, as i also run CTX -17 and EQ -15 at the beach, semi waterproof because i all-way's play in the kill zone- wash line, however on a ruff day the 11 inch will work, what scoop are you using ?

It has a protector, do i take that off

Ya

Depend's i run both the CTX3030 and Equinox at the beach with Deanos Cover protectors i leave on, see if you can read the screen with the sandwich zip bag over the head cover , if your talking about the screen protector , more like a smart phone face guard NO. Sandwich zip bag seal on both side's , use electrical tape around the bottom done , that keep's all the salt air out, including an occasional splash .

For the wet sand I would use the eTrac with 13 ultimate coil You may have to play with the sensitivity as you move from wet to dry but the large coil will give you better coverage. I hope you have a large scoop. targets can be quite deep in the wet sand.

George

The ultimate in my experience on land was very sensitive , add black sand at the beach, :shock:, the Sef 10x 12 will run smoother, and get good depth, this is also why when the GT had it's day view, a lot of people including me ran the sef 10x12 on the Gt at the beach.

i would take the e-trac they are good at the beach see alot of people using them on you tube i own a e-trac but never used it at the beach

If your beaches have a lot of targets both ferrous and non-ferrous use a smaller coil if you have cleaner beach you can go with the stock 11 inch or whatever it is..

If your beaches have a lot of targets both ferrous and non-ferrous use a smaller coil if you have cleaner beach you can go with the stock 11 inch or whatever it is..

Have a 5 8 11 13

Have a 5 8 11 13

I wouldn't use the 5 swinging a hockey puck on a beach is a lot of work... like I said a lot of iron try the 8 if you think you can use the 11 go for it. I use my 10 all the time on my excal but could change if I need to.

I wouldn't use the 5 swinging a hockey puck on a beach is a lot of work... like I said a lot of iron try the 8 if you think you can use the 11 go for it. I use my 10 all the time on my excal but could change if I need to.

Cool ill take those 2

Back
Top Bottom