Equinox lower rod camlock quick fix.

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Not sure if you know it? But if your camlocks slip on an Equinox you have to send your whole detector back to Minelab. Quick fix is wrap some Teflon tape also known as Plumbers tape a few times around tightly in the camlock area on the lower rod. Then slide the lower rod back in and turn the camlock. Should tighten down real tight. Worked great on mine. You get the lower rod wet it will slip probably on all the Equinox. A friend is still waiting to get his back from ML repair. Seen some blaming people for not knowing what they are doing on installation. It's not the installation.

ML is not repairing Nox’s. Defective machines are being returned to ML in IL and new ones sent out in their place. Pretty quick process.

Noticed this problem on mine as well. Didn't bother me enough to send it back and Ive used it quite a bit in the past week I will try the Teflon tape if it gets worse. Straight outta box I felt the Nox build quality, especially with relation to shafts and camlocks, was not on par with many others at its price point but its performance more than makes up for it.

Noticed this problem on mine as well. Didn't bother me enough to send it back and Ive used it quite a bit in the past week I will try the Teflon tape if it gets worse. Straight outta box I felt the Nox build quality, especially with relation to shafts and camlocks, was not on par with many others at its price point but its performance more than makes up for it.

Imagine when you put on the 15" coil. And yes I will say the performance is having me not worry about the smaller issues. Only time I will need to switch back to the stock shaft after I get the carbon fiber built is to travel in a suitcase. Even then I may make the shaft break down.

Teflon tape trick still working. Even after I got the camlock wet I tried to twist it there and it was starting to twist the lower rod. So it locked down real tight.

ML is not repairing Nox’s. Defective machines are being returned to ML in IL and new ones sent out in their place. Pretty quick process.

Wont help at all if they didn't change the camlocks. Sending detectors back isn't cheap to keep getting a replacement. As far as I know my friend still hasn't gotten his replacement at this time.

Good tip, will give it a try, thanks!
Though shouldn't have to be 'repairing' the thing right out of the box.

Good tip, will give it a try, thanks!
Though shouldn't have to be 'repairing' the thing right out of the box.

I think its another one of those things that slipped past the testers. Sort of like the tester in Hawaii who never seen a beach before who said the bottlecap must have picked up because of the gold foil on it.:shock::lol:

Glad to hear you got your machine. When beach season is in full swing I’ll have to get you to show me the secrets to finding to gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom