Hello from Ontario

Metal Hunting

Just like to say hi. I've never been metal detecting but it has interest me for sometime. I'm close to buying a budget detector just to make sure I enjoy it before I spend alot but cant see why I wouldn't.

Welcome form N. Michigan good luck on your quest for a new detector. You will definitely get hooked on the hobby for sure.

Hi from another complete newb in Ontario!

I got a Teknetics Delta 4000 from Canadian Tire on clearance. I have played with it a bit in the yard and had fun. Today I am taking it to a beach and seeing what I can find.

Good luck and welcome

Debbie

Welcome from Florida, nice and warm here.

I think Canadian coins have a different metal content than US coins. Probably something to be aware of.

Welcome from Bluenose country! I picked up a Garret Ace 250 while down in Florida this winter and had a blast with it.. finding a gold 10KP ring on the 3rd ping.. biginner's luck! But back in Canada, it works fine picking up coins and odds and sods in the partially frozen ground.. still waiting for the big thaw.. ;)

Careful of this hobby.. it's addictive as heck!!

Welcome from Bluenose country! I picked up a Garret Ace 250 while down in Florida this winter and had a blast with it.. finding a gold 10KP ring on the 3rd ping.. biginner's luck! But back in Canada, it works fine picking up coins and odds and sods in the partially frozen ground.. still waiting for the big thaw.. ;)

Careful of this hobby.. it's addictive as heck!!

That's great to hear I was leaning towarda getting the Ace 250 too. I plan on getting out when I'm on vacation later this spring in Panama city Florida and good to know it will detect cdn coins back home.

Last edited:
That's great to hear I was leaning towarda getting the Ace 250 too. I plan on getting out when I'm on vacation later this spring in Panama city Florida and good to know it will detect cdn coins back home.

How coincidental is that?! I was JUST in Panama City in Feb lol.. You'll want to check out St Andrews State Park (yes you CAN detect in state parks in FL) and out on the beach front along PC and PCB-Laguna (target rich environments ;)

Don't forget your travel health insurance, it came in handy on this last trip!

Might as well get a PinPointer when you pick up your MD.. what a world of difference it makes finding those elusive targets in the clump of sand or dirt lol

Safe travels and have fun detecting ;)

Back
Top Bottom