Do I sell or Buy?

GAdiggs

Hi everybody! I have a small dilemma. I am looking at the the new equinox 600 and really like the reviews that I am seeing. Now... do I sell my AT pro and use the money to help pay for the new Equinox? Or do I just put additional money into a NEL Tornado coil for the AT pro? The AT Pro is only a year old. Your Thoughts?

I just got the Nox 600. Hope to hunt with it next week as I still have a good bit of snow cover. I am keeping my AT Pro with an 8x6 " Garrett coil and am selling my back-up Whites Treasure Pro on E--Y. I like my AT Pro and it's been good to me. Good luck and happy hunting.
Bubbaron Nox 600, AT Pro, AT Carrot, Garrett 8 x 6 " Coil

Buy low, sell high.

But seriously, the 600 should be a better machine. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it and then sell the AT unless you need the $ to actually buy the 600. That would limit your detecting down time.

You might decide you want to keep them all. At only a year old, you haven't really gotten to know all you can do with the AT Pro. But then, I see your
dilemma with keeping the ATP and getting the NEL coil for it AND having the 600 also:?:.
One for each hand maybe?:cool:

I picked up the Nel Storm coil for my AtPro works just fine. All depends on what your needs and budget are. I do think it helped me with getting better depth.

..Keep your Pro, get a NOX as well...

Dont think about this like you are 'spending' money...you are gaining access to another 'money finding' Tool...Which is not an outright 100% expense....both hold a resale value.....

Basically, you are simply putting down a 'deposit' to use the Tool, a portion of which is redeemable at re-sale time...Thats how I think about things! :laughing:

Get out there and make them both PAY!

Last edited:
Hi everybody! I have a small dilemma. I am looking at the the new equinox 600 and really like the reviews that I am seeing. Now... do I sell my AT pro and use the money to help pay for the new Equinox? Or do I just put additional money into a NEL Tornado coil for the AT pro? The AT Pro is only a year old. Your Thoughts?

For me... I can only swing one at a time, but if I'm out with friends or family, having more than one high quality detector is a plus. I say try to keep the AT and buy the NOX.

I have the AT Pro and bought the Nox 600. If your situation permits, I'd suggest keeping them both. It is nice to have a back up and like another poster mentioned, you've got an extra if you want to take someone along.

The Nox is completely different than the AT Pro so you might also want to have a familiar detector to pick up if needed.

If I was in the footwear of you folks, I'd let the used market shuffle a little longer before selling off any machines. Once the equinox newness calms down and before the next big announcement from whichever company with a new rig will be a guy's best time to get some of his hard earned cash back.

Just a feeling from a lifelong wheeler and dealer, so take it for what it is and best of luck for sure! :aok:

I agree with...Oldsjunkie....been detecting for 40 yrs. seen a lot of these things come and go. In a year you might pick up a great used 800 for the price there getting for the 600 now.There's going to be some for sale trust me it will happen. Someone will just have the NEXT GREAT DETECTOR when it comes out.:laughing:

I have a hard time parting with my excals, sovereign and pulses. I've worked to keep them all in good operating condition.

Like a comfortable pair of shoes.

I am in the same boat after a hiatus from detecting. I'm Leaning towards getting the nox first and seeing how I like it before I part with my pro that found so much for me.

Back
Top Bottom