• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Too hot to detect?

ISU Boomer

Elite Member
Went out for a lunch hunt today. Stopped by the local park and planned on covering the tot lot and sand volleyball court. Temps are in the 90's with the heat index pushing 100. Twenty minutes in and the heat was really getting to me. There wasn't any shade and I was pouring sweet. I covered the small tot lot and made 1 pass on the volleyball court. I dug a nickel and when I stood back up I got really light headed. I then decided it was time to get the heck out of the heat. I never thought I would say this, but, It is to dang hot out to detect! I'll have to stick to evening hunts until the heat goes away. :mad:

is the lot going anywhere? no. could you? yes, in the hospital, not a good idea man. i did that once, then i said that was enough

yeah I hear you. It's been and will be 100+ for about 2 weeks here. Only half inch of rain since may 1. I'm spending 3 days hitting 3-4 1800's homesteads in two weeks and I hope we at least get some rain. I'll have to go out 6-10am in order not to overheat.

It's noon, 95 degrees and no doubt it will be hot out there but I'm loading up anyway. Lots of activity in the ball parks at night around Chicago land and If I don't go get some then my rivals will beat me to the goodies.

Thursday, 28
clear.gif

102 | 75 °F

Yep, 102 and climbing...still a few hours before we hit the high...

That's why I don't detect in th esummer and usually in the fall... Not worth it to find trash anyway...lol

Its only 91 here. Last week it was pushing triple digits. No rest for me as I still go out everyday throughout the day. I dont hunt parks and only woods and private homes so there is usually more then enough shade. I also have the AT so I enjoy hitting the streams and creeks this time of year. When you have a spot like my honey hole no weather will keep me away lmao. I may be the only one but I honestly usually enjoy getting out there in the heat and getting dirty. Its a good workout. Not that I actually need it though lol. So my answer would be NO its never to hot to detect. Im most likely the only one to say that here though. Dont go to your parks and get in the shade in the woods. Better finds there anyway.

same here in lower michigan. On vacation next week , trying shallow water hunting for 1st time with my AT Pro. Should feel a little cooler in the water, besides the ground around here is rock solid , havent had rain in 2 weeks..

We have had the nations high for 5 days in a row in Kansas.:yes: Hit 115 in Hill City yesterday.:shock: Hit 86 in my house last night as AC is out. I am detecting and swinging as soon as the sun rises.

If you don't hunt in the heat here in Texas then you just won't hunt. It's hot at night !!!! Only 97 today so seems like a cool wave from the 105-106 degree days lately.

Come get some of this humidity and then we'll see what ya say...good thing your detector is waterproof LOL

I know all about humidity. I am from the Northeast in Southeast PA. Want some of ours? Today is low humidity at only 45%. Just doesnt bother me. I already stated I enjoy the heat and the summer weather when I am active. Ive hiked the entire PA section of the Appalachian trail here in PA in the middle of July and August through 100 degree days and extreme humidity. Not a big deal at all to me. Be prepared and it wont bother you. Also helps I am young and in great shape as well.

I know all about humidity. I am from the Northeast in Southeast PA. Want some of ours? Just doesnt bother me.

Compound it with the southern heat...it's a bit different!:lol: Here you have to take change of clothes if you want to detect in the summer...LOL

Compound it with the southern heat...it's a bit different!:lol: Here you have to take change of clothes if you want to detect in the summer...LOL

I know all about the Southern temps and heat in the summer. I honestly would still be going out everyday if I was there. I dont think you ever experienced our summers here in the PA mountains have you?

I know all about the Southern temps and heat in the summer. I honestly would still be going out everyday if I was there.
Well if you're ever here I'll venture out with you and get some heat too! maybe you can teach me a few tricks anyway, Heck, someone needs too...apparently! :)

Its only 91 here. Last week it was pushing triple digits. No rest for me as I still go out everyday throughout the day. I dont hunt parks and only woods and private homes so there is usually more then enough shade. I also have the AT so I enjoy hitting the streams and creeks this time of year. When you have a spot like my honey hole no weather will keep me away lmao. I may be the only one but I honestly usually enjoy getting out there in the heat and getting dirty. Its a good workout. Not that I actually need it though lol. So my answer would be NO its never to hot to detect. Im most likely the only one to say that here though. Dont go to your parks and get in the shade in the woods. Better finds there anyway.

I might have to find a good spot to test out the waterproof ability of my AT Pro soon. I think I will be fine out of the water if I stick to the shade but today with no shade the heat kicked my arse. Happy hunting and stay safe if you plan to venture out in this heat.

Back
Top Bottom