False Advertising....

V-Bottom

I ordered a Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT from a seller on EBAY. I got my package today...only getting a that cheap knockoff.....a GOINT GP-Pinpointer. Boy did this chap my a55. I contacted EBAY and the seller about this. I know this practice happens a lot but it's a first for me. This ad advertised a real Garrett Carrot at 40% off !!

Let us know how it goes, if the seller or Ebay does not resolve this you might file a complaint with PayPal (if you paid that way) but hopefully the seller or Ebay will resolve it first.

No legitimate dealer sells a new one at 40% off. Hate it that you got took. E-Bay is full of counterfeit detectors, Pin pointers ETc. Some of them will somewhere in the description say that it is a GP pointer and that covers their butt with E-Bay.

No legitimate dealer sells a new one at 40% off.

Hate it that you got took. E-Bay is full of counterfeit detectors, Pin pointers ETc. Some of them will somewhere in the description say that it is a GP pointer and that covers their butt with E-Bay.

Good point !!!!

I remember trying to find one (Garrett Propointer) I could afford on sale at a good discount some time back (before I won one) but all the ones I saw were all pretty much the same price, so it is extremely unlikely to find a new one at 40% off.

Now that I think about it I remember hearing that some (or at least one) detector places offering a discount (10% ?) to those who were in the military, not sure if that applied to detectors only or also included other things like pinpointers.

Last edited:
Never buy anything on eBay from Chinese sellers! eBay ignores the fact that they're selling knockoffs because they want the fees. Garrett really needs to get on eBay's case. The ad even states that they're "high copy Garett pinpointer". No shame at all. The Chinese have decided to counterfeit anything and everything to make a buck.

I ordered a Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT from a seller on EBAY. I got my package today...only getting a that cheap knockoff.....a GOINT GP-Pinpointer. Boy did this chap my a55. I contacted EBAY and the seller about this. I know this practice happens a lot but it's a first for me. This ad advertised a real Garrett Carrot at 40% off !!

let the buyer beware! i would be surprised if garrett could even "make " the pin pointer for that! .i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

After this mess was over, I kept the GP and accepted a partial refund of $25.00

At least that is better than nothing at all, it might not work as well as a real Garrett but hopefully it works well enough to use effectively. They still should have not been deceptive in how they advertised it though.

Some months ago I bought an inexpensive LED deck light that went bad within about 2 weeks, contacted the seller about a refund and they immediately sent a message agreeing to the refund. I used the refund to go towards a better model that is still working after all this time.

Never buy anything on eBay from Chinese sellers! eBay ignores the fact that they're selling knockoffs because they want the fees. Garrett really needs to get on eBay's case. The ad even states that they're "high copy Garett pinpointer". No shame at all. The Chinese have decided to counterfeit anything and everything to make a buck.

I'm a seller in China (expat). I can give you a list of products, inventions, ideas all stolen from me by sellers in the US. 1 guy in Hollywood, Florida even bought 1 of the products from me and now sells a nearly identical product. The "no shame at all" is a global phenomenon. Chinese just have better access to replicate products at an affordable price with a global market to sell into.

But I have seen people here swinging Garrett ATX 250 before which I found rather funny.

Sorry to hear they got ya. Since you accepted a partial refund, I'm guessing the fake carrot actually works ok? If you eventually get enough use out of it, then you win in the end. :yes: You could probably sell it for at least even money, too. Just don't say it's a Garrett.

I haven't used it yet. I have to get a battery and wait for good weather. Cold,windy,and rainy down here ,Galveston. Been looking at double serrated shovels on line. There are different sizes I see. Guess that depends on how tall one is. I'm 5-9. Don't feel like paying a $100 on one either!!
USMC66'-

I haven't used it yet. I have to get a battery and wait for good weather. Cold,windy,and rainy down here ,Galveston. Been looking at double serrated shovels on line. There are different sizes I see. Guess that depends on how tall one is. I'm 5-9. Don't feel like paying a $100 on one either!!
USMC66'-

I'm a little shorter than you, and had the same thoughts about what length shovel to get. Never used an actual detecting shovel yet, but after using my folding camp shovel a few times, I'm thinking, for me, it doesn't have to be in the thirty-plus inches range. A common length is 31", that many are happy with. Buy MADE IN USA, and you should be good to go.

Anyone can get burned on ePay. I lost $170 buying a car fender that was never shipped. EPay moderation was no help at all, unless one considers a 10% reimbursement satisfactory.

Back
Top Bottom