public park six pack silver and a 1916 Somthing Merc.

Dewsweeper894

Elite Member
Those who know me know I love sneaking out for an hour or two for a short hunts.
I have stuck to public hunting grounds for the most part since I started in the hobbie.
Managed 6 dimes this week after laying low in July hiding from the heat and skeeters. And did some walleye fishing .

Grabbed a 1916 merc that plays tricks with my eyes . Most likely an S but dreaming of the D.
Here it is if you wanna try to help.
Thank you for looking .
, Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1768.jpg
    IMG_1768.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_1767.jpg
    IMG_1767.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_1765.jpg
    IMG_1765.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1763.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 515
More

Attachments

• IMG_1768.jpg
    IMG_1768.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_1765.jpg
    IMG_1765.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_1769.jpg
    IMG_1769.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
I think it is an S Dew....but you’d have to etch it to make sure. Try all kinds of side lighting and look through a good mag glass. Regardless,it’s a heart stopper!
Glad to hear you’ve had some action...:grin:

Hope it is a "D" mint mark for you. If it is you can take both me and Monster out for a meal and drinks. Glad you got out and found the shine, then again you do have a pretty good habit of doing so. Congrats! Trapper

Sweet finds! I gave up on public silver years ago lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks CW
But... You gave up on public silver? 😳
You are the Coin whisperer for crying out loud!!!
This can't be so. 🤔

Just something about sniffing out a few the boys missed .
Do have a couple church permissions I could check out 👍
,Dew

Last edited:
Hope it is a "D" mint mark for you. If it is you can take both me and Monster out for a meal and drinks. Glad you got out and found the shine, then again you do have a pretty good habit of doing so. Congrats! Trapper

That would be a good time . But the thing isn't in that good of shape.
The cocktails are what make me nervous.

NICE HAUL on that hunt!
I too found a 16, with an iffy "S/D"
that plays tricks even under a cheater reading glasses and a magnifying glass...... still can't tell........

Nope. Can't tell. Looks like there's enough there that it should be possible to determine S or D. Good luck with this one. Pretty decent haul, regardless!

Dew, sure hope it's a D. One of these days I will "finally" meet you. I also enjoy hitting the parks. Got a 26 SLQ 24 Merc and 2? Merc my last 2 city park outings. Congrats on your silver. PJ

Dew, sure hope it's a D. One of these days I will "finally" meet you. I also enjoy hitting the parks. Got a 26 SLQ 24 Merc and 2? Merc my last 2 city park outings. Congrats on your silver. PJ

Congradulations on the sweet old stander PJ . Is it in good shape?
Weren't you somewhere in this Anthill mob photo?
I'll come join you guys one of these days soon .
Keep fishin👍

Attachments

• IMG_1370.JPG
    IMG_1370.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_1760.JPG
    IMG_1760.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 341
Three of those Mercs look really nice! Congratulations! Man...I just dont know about your '16 mint mark though...Keep up posted when you get a final determination..

Back
Top Bottom