Aluminum can prices in your area

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
Just turned some in - I have been 'smooshing' them for a year now. The good news is I don't drink that much soda/beer. The bad news is I don't drink that much soda/beer! 70 cents a pound, holy!!!!! I should start picking them up while MD'ing :?: I've been leaving them for people that go around looking for them. Probably worth more than the cents I find MD'ing :mad:

If they are just laying around, they are worth gathering... plus, gives us a good image (removing trash). I always carry a spare trash bag for the cans. RickO

Recycle centers

Oz, Right now, I am visiting in NH, and this town as many recycle glass, aluminum, plastic and paper. Before I moved south, my town began recycling. Barney Fife was the designated watchful eye for the town:mad:. He put me in line one fine day for improperly mixing plastic. That was the last day I went to the dump. Not a bad idea scarfing up them cans. In florida where I live it is voluntary. I usually shlep the cans over to the Boy Scout collection bin. I may just buy one of them wall mounted smooshers and store them in the shed. FORTUNATELY, I do drink a lot of malt beverage, so maybe I can drink myself into a dfx 300..;)...thanks for the heads up...Gil

That is low......California 1.59 a pound , Plastic bottles are .89 a pound......A can doesnt bounce one time on the roadway before someone has pulled over to grab it........

Dang

Ranging from .70 to .80 cents a pound in southern Illinois. Scrap tin .08 cents a pound. The srap tin doesn't seem like much but compared to what it was 5 years ago it seems like alot. It's a little profitable saving the scrap that I unfortunantly dig up.

Va. Scrap prices

.74 for cans I collect them at work made over 24.00 so far this year.

2.85 for copper

.60 for pistol/rifle caseings

lead from fishing weights/batterys is .35 cents..

I find all this stuff while looking for the REAL treasure!!!! it all adds up....

Cans are worth five cents each here due to the bottle bill. Sometimes I think I could do better collecting cans laying around schoolyards than I would metal detecting.

I actually had a rack installed on my bike and I strapped a milk crate to it so I can throw cans I find in it when I'm riding around. Pretty sad!

To z118

Yeah thats sad but at least you can say you earn an honest living at it. I hate to say it, but with metal prices being the way they are, its almost worth scraping full time and working part time. A close friend of mine picks up cans and other metals and aveages 120 per week. Of course he dumpster dives the bars for most of them.

Back
Top Bottom