Great Day Hunting! Walker Again!

Toddsnake

Forum Supporter
Went out Saturday morning at 6:30 a.m. to try and beat the heat. Using Google Maps spotted an old park established in 1925 in the middle of an old neighborhood only a few miles from my house. Started hunting but there was lots of trash, mainly bottle caps and pull tabs! There was a creek running through the middle of the park, with most of the park grounds sloping down towards it. Found the base of a huge tree that was bordering the creek that looked like it would keep stuff from washing on down into the creek when it rained. Hit the 1953 D Washington Quarter right at it's base, hiding among the roots! It was the first coin I dug at the park! Searched another 2 hours with nothing else noteworthy, just common cents and clads. Decided to drive to a local store to get something to drink but on my way out of the neighborhood I came across a empty lot where a house used to be in the middle of the block. Had to stop, don't you know! Started searching at the curb, working my way into where the front yard was. About 6 feet into the front yard I get my first coin signal, in the low 90s! Out Pops a 1942 Walker!!:shock: Found my first ever Walker only 7 weeks ago! Once again searched for another hour with nothing else noteworthy, just common cents and clads, just like the park! The yard did have signs that it had already been hunted by all the old rusted bottle caps littering the top of the ground, but they missed the Walker!?:?:

Attachments

• WLHD-B-1.jpg
    WLHD-B-1.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 357
  • WLHD-B-2.jpg
    WLHD-B-2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 341
  • 1953 WQ.jpg
    1953 WQ.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 317
Thanks!

Guys, thanks for all the nice replies!

My silver count since the purchase of my Teknetics Patriot is unusual. After a almost 25 year lay-off from active detecting and getting back into it back in the first week of May of this year with the purchase of my Patriot here is my silver breakdown:
3 Rosies
2 Mercs
2 GW Quarters
2 Walkers:shock:

also, no silver war nickels....but one Buff

Other note-worthy coins found are:
1988 1000 Pesos
1990 100 Pesos
Early 1900s Chinese $10 Cash Coin
1943 2 Francs Coin
and around 50 Wheaties

Walker hog! Ten thousand detectorists that have never seen a silver half, and you dig a second one on a drive-by? :lol:
Nice going! That machine is working for you, and you are out there working it.

Back
Top Bottom