Detecting a University, Part 3: More Big Rings, More Clad

Jodo_Kast501

So I have continued to hit this university pretty hard. Since about the beginning of June, I've found $125 in clad from this place and some here and there elsewhere. My best recent find has been a nice big 12.4 gram (.43 oz) sports ring. It has some stones in it, but I'm not sure if the stones are real or synthetic. The red stones certainly look real to me, but what do I know? I would like to find the owner, but there's no name, no sport, and no year on the ring – almost nothing to go on.

The other ring was still a pretty good find – 6.7 grams of sterling on a hillside. The crotal bell was also found at the school. I'm thinking late 1800s or early 1900s, but there are unfortunately no markings.

Find at the school are slowing down some, but I still regularly find 15–20 quarters almost every time I go out, so I'm going to keep at it for the moment and hope for some gold to go along with all these silver rings.

tc5vkQcl.jpg

Etq20AEl.jpg

92mz2I8l.jpg

Wow, your site has really been a good one. The ring stones look like real rubies. I' keep hunting this site. Most likely more goodies to be found. Congrats and good luck.

Wow. To think a University would give permission... I grew up a couple of blocks from Tufts University and have always wanted to detect that place. I think I will have a conversation with the grounds department and see if I can hunt there when they do tear ups. They take very good care of the grass so I doubt they would let anyone hunt there otherwise.

Congrats on those nice rings! Universities are great places to hunt, I used to hunt one quite regularly and found heaps of coins as well as an 11g gold ring. Good luck :)

Wow. To think a University would give permission... I grew up a couple of blocks from Tufts University and have always wanted to detect that place. I think I will have a conversation with the grounds department and see if I can hunt there when they do tear ups. They take very good care of the grass so I doubt they would let anyone hunt there otherwise.

Medford or Somerville?

Great finds....that's awesome.

I'm hoping to wrangle permission for my daughter's school...not sure how I'll go about it yet. Might detect the beach and hope to find a ring that I can go through the dean's office to return it, and turn that into permission for the grounds.

That is a great looking ring. I think you should have the stones checked as they look real to me. Congrats also on the Sterling, the Crotel bell and all that clad. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom