• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Good day today

StratTone

Elite Member
Ended up with my first buf then a second! Also a late 1800s Indian head for myself and my son found one of his own. Then I found the silver cap. It's initialed from someone to someone and dated 1893. If that wasn't enough I pulled the ring. Really looks gold plated over copper but I really can't say because it looks Rose gold too just haven't tested it yet. The markings are someone's initials. Hallmark is R.&A.

Then there is a letter B. But the openings for the "B" are a * and K. Also the line between the "B" is another very small b.

2zLshmc.jpg

Thanks guys! I really hope the ring checks out too but would be just as happy to find out it is old and copper.

This one is just getting me because it looks copper in some light and rose gold in others. Very very small and only weighs 1.5 grams but hell that might be heavy for it's size. lol

Yeah, copper don't shine like that, coming out of the dirt. Nice score on the ring, two kinds of Indianhead coins, and whatever that cap thing is. Great report!

Yeah, copper don't shine like that, coming out of the dirt. Nice score on the ring, two kinds of Indianhead coins, and whatever that cap thing is. Great report!

Yup that is what was getting me. This thing should have been tarnished if it was copper but man it sure looked copper. After I tested it last night I gave it a good polish and it is so much better. Very shiny and more rose gold looking. Maybe the amount of copper content they have to put into the gold to make it look rose gold or more pink makes it tarnish ever so slightly making a little harder to identify out of the ground?

Back
Top Bottom