junkman

Good morning, new member to the site not real good with posting about myself but here it goes. I am 58, been detecting since I was in my early teens joined the Navy out of high school when I was 18. Served on a submarine (George Bancroft SSBN-643) Two submarine tenders (Canopus AS-34 and Holland AS-32) and two battleships (Iowa BB-61 and Wisconsin BB-64) fought in the Gulf War after which was put out on Disability. Currently live on my farm with my wife and 12 wonderful horses. Love the great outdoors and metal detecting last went on Friday in the pouring rain found mostly new coinage but did manage a few good ones 4 wheat cents 2 Indian cents 1 no date 1816-1839 design large cent and a dandy button, 4 hours in the pouring rain worth every minute.

XP Deus

welcome from California.

If you are 58, and have been md'ing since you're early teens, that would make it @ the mid 1970s start-time. What machine were you using in those days ?

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

If you were detecting in the pouring rain you must have a waterproof model detector :lol:
:stormy:

:mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder:

:fmdfwelcome:... from the Land of 10,000 Lakes - Minnesota! :grin: We're glad that you have joined us. Happy hunting! :mder:

Thank you for your service! :tiphat:

Last edited:
Welcome from Boston, Junkman! Thank you for serving. My dad was on LCT’s as a Gunner’s Mate in the South Pacific in WWII.

Jim USAF - 1969-73

First thank you for your service...then welcome to the forum from the Pacific Northwest...then Good job!!!

:fmdfwelcome: We're glad to have you, and will look forward to reading your posts! Those are some great finds... congratulations.

Thank you for your service to our country! We are indebted to those who serve; may God bless. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom