New here

libra787

Hello all I’m new here
I have a question where can I metal detect in duchess county is the old abandoned stromville airport allowed
Drop me an email with some info please
Again thanks

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

I did a search and found this site with info and pics about that closed airfield -

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/NY/Airfields_NY_SE.htm#stormville

Here is a couple quotes from the above link:

"According to www(dot)stormn69(dot)org, “When Pete & Rose retired the airport passed to their daughter Patricia."

"It's only used now for several huge flea markets each year."

…….so it seems like it could still be privately owned property, in which case you would need permission from the owner, maybe one of the flea market vendors might know who to ask if they have to pay a fee or get permission to set up a flea market there.

:mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder:

Hello all I’m new here
I have a question where can I metal detect in duchess county is the old abandoned stromville airport allowed
Again thanks

They run a flea market there on weekends... probably find a lot of junk... last time I was there... there was an old house or two that looked like one could detect around...

https://www.stormvilleairportfleamarket.com/

Hello all I’m new here
Again thanks

Libra... you didn’t say what state (or country) Duchess County is in, and you asked for emails from forum members... which would be impossible unless we all have ESP. Maybe you meant PM’s ?

Hello all I’m new here
Again thanks

Its not abandoned....private property....you would need permission from owners.

However as GK Man stated....check out the Putnam Westchester Metal Detecting Club. They have a scheduled hunt there, for club members….coming this October

Ive detected there before...pulled old coppers and relics.....

Back
Top Bottom