Coin Show Purchase

diggin4clad

Elite Member
Before we started our Sunday hunt I stopped in at a coin show and bought a 1909 Denmark 10 Kroner gold coin to add to my holdings. Price was just $7 over melt.

Attachments

• IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 382
I know zip about foreign coin values, but that one looks cool, is in excellent condition, and is over 100 yrs old. Nice. It will always hold melt value, and then some.

Very nice score !!!!

Just did a search and that coin was only made for 2 years, 1908 and 1909, here is a photo of the other side from a coin web site -

denmark_10_kroner__1909__frederik_d___viii___au_1_lgw.jpg

What are ye? Some sort of Wizard? Converting dirty Clad into Gold with your magic wand? Man is that a beauty coin D4C! Is this a great Sport or what!

I know zip about foreign coin values, but that one looks cool, is in excellent condition, and is over 100 yrs old. Nice. It will always hold melt value, and then some.
Thanks

Very nice score !!!!Thanks

Just did a search and that coin was only made for 2 years, 1908 and 1909, here is a photo of the other side from a coin web site -

denmark_10_kroner__1909__frederik_d___viii___au_1_lgw.jpg
That's the other side......

Love that old gold, be it US or foreign.
Gold is always nice.....

What did it ring up as...just in case I ever go to Denmark
It didn't ring up, I bought it at a coin show. I haven't run it by the detector coil though.

Its got quite a nice design actually, and you got a fair price for it too :)
The price was definitely fair. Most common foreign gold sells for just a few dollars over melt value.

nice piece of gold you have acquired!
Thank You

Beautiful!
Thanks

Nice buy, not much premium on that.
very little premium on common foreign gold.

What are ye? Some sort of Wizard? Converting dirty Clad into Gold with your magic wand? Man is that a beauty coin D4C! Is this a great Sport or what!
I've been studying alchemy for many years and I think I've finally discovered the secret of turning junk metal (AKA Clad) into gold. Don't tell anyone though because then they'll all want to know the secret.:laughing:

I don't have much gold in my collection. Most of what I do have are small, like some Indian medieval fanams, but I also have a small electrum (gold/silver) coin from ancient Greece, a Byzantine gold Solidus of Justin II, and a US quarter eagle.

I think I have an Austrian gold coin to, but I think that issue was restruck for years.

Nice coin.

-- Tom

Back
Top Bottom