F 75 Ltd Blk using BP mode

Bassinsmitty

Using the F75 Ltd Is the BP mode the best mode to detect in when trying to get those deep targets? Also is the sniper coil recommended when using this mode? Any suggested settings for this mode?/B]

Thanks

I don't have the SE model just the standard F75. I would hunt in boost mode at all times. Just turn sen. down to where chatter goes away.

Absolute raw depth with a LTD/SE? Run it in boost with max sens and no disc. Work your way down on the disc and up on the sens, don't attempt running wide open until you have a good understanding of the vdi and tone systems, and how they work together and compliment each other. By then, chatter and emi will not bother you or be detrimental to the hunt...and yes, the 5" coil is a deep seeker, good to almost double it's size...

I only use small coil in trashy or tight areas. If you want maximum depth use the 11" coil that comes with. When using BP mode slow your swing speed. Try switching frequencies also, will help clear chatter.

Thanks all! Any additional information is welcome. Just got 10 more inches of snow and the possibility of more on the way. Temps are suppose to drop as we'll. wish this weather would break so I can go out and play around with this md before I go to some good areas I have lined up to detect.

I used to run in boost, disc 10, sens 99 and can't remember the rest :laughing:

Oh yeah, it's noisy at 99 sens and 0 disc, running the disc at 10 quiets it down a little. I got used to the background noise quick, legitimate targets are easy to hear...10" on a silver dime in dirt that balances in the 60's is realistic with the settings maxed out.

Captain

You miss your F75se don't you Bro, no way I am parting with mine, to be honest, I love the 5dd coil on the sidewalk strips, howboutit.

The good news

on the weather starting V day the 14th no more in the 30s days ,40 plus here in Maryland, looks like it will be breaking soon :woohoo:

I'll give you my 2 cents.

Before you start raise the coil to waist height and coil parallel to the ground. BP sensitivity @ 99 now go through the different frequencies and listen to each for 4 or 5 seconds and find the quietest frequency. Now ground balance, adjust the disc and sensitivity and tones and go.

I found it draining maxing it out. My suggestion is to keep the disc around 4 or less and 4 tones. As for sensitivity start at 99 and lower it until it settles down. You really don't lose much depth, maybe a half inch.

Now depending how mineralized the ground is you will get Max depth, no or little minerals in the soil should give Max depth 11 inches on a silver dime. A lot of minerals in the soil will substantially reduce depth. This goes for all detectors with the exception of PI detectors.

This all seems like good info. I've only been out twice with my machine and can't wait till the weather clears so I can get out again. Thanks for all the advice. Has anyone tried all metal?

Back
Top Bottom