My 2017 Mega Clad Display!

That's incredible! First of all, nice haul for the year...and this is just the clad and a few highlights. I imagine you could have assembled a massive, mind blowing display of your trash and other finds too.
Secondly, this is a VERY impressive display! Well done Sir!
Perhaps this post would be a better fit for the eye popping, mind blowing forum?

Very nice! Funny, this was my year too for a first Standing Liberty (well, well worn too!) - and a super nice St. Christopher Medal - got to love it when you hit that much silver!

Can't wait for Antarctica, NY to defrost here...dying to start MDing...darn cabin fever!

But what many of us are REALLY wondering, ATProDude, is how long it took you to set up that table display, all straight and pretty and to photograph it from all the cool angles ! C’mon, fess up dude. You must be ignoring all the gold signals and cherry-picking those quarters.

Jimther

I was able to find $1,580 in clad! I was down this year compared to 2016. I found I think $1,700 + then. Still a lot of clad for sure!

I see you broke the $1,000 barrier too!! Congrats!

atpro dude

Yep! :) I never let it sit around long enough to figure out how much I've got though. I think, though, that it's not nearly the quarter ratio that you have (Unless you simply converted your clad to quarters).

Looking at my find rates over my Coinstar reciepts, I have pretty even find rates across quarters dimes and nickels, but pennies have a big jump.

Volume-wise I'm finding:
Pennies: 45%
Quarters: 19%
Dimes: 18%
Nickels: 17%
Dollars and halves: 1%

Which really isn't bad, when you consider that the value of the above chart ends up like this for every 1000 coins:
Pennies: $4.50
Quarters $47.50
Dimes: $18.00
Nickels: $8.50
Dollars& halves: 9.00
--------------------
TOTAL: $87.60

Which comes dang close to an "average Month for me."

I'd never really considred the NUMBER of coins I'm digging up. looks like I'm clearly about 10K-12K a year. That's stupid. LOL Add into that 200 rings, too, and that's where the real money is. I found 56.55 grams of 14K, an 30.59 grams of 10K, along with over 4 ounces of silver.

Add to that a few knives I found and sold, and the value of the diamonds in the rings (over 4 carats total, I've sold about 2.25 carats worth so far, for just over $530), and it adds up nicely.

Now,*puts on nerd voice* assuming my calculations are correct *the value of what I have found is just over $3500, and I put just about 700 hours into the hobby. That means I made., THIS YEAR... DRUM ROLL... $5 an hour for a hobby. Not too shabby.

Which is almost spot on with the other to years I've done this. (the first year, I had really poor recovery, and time-in, comparatively, but I found a ring that was sold for $2500.) Let's see how this one rolls!

Skippy

Get one of those hexagon holed scoop from the Ukraine on the auction site. Under $100 and well worth it. You need to add a handle, no problem, buy fiberglass handled shovel at the big box store for $10. The scoop is light weight and very strong. Have one for 2 years and going like a champ. Dont bother with anything other than stainless steel. All else will usually fail within the first year.

That's a boat load of diggin in the dirt. I use to average $1500 on the beach but no one uses change anymore !!!

Good luck,
HH
Donna(NJ)

Get one of those hexagon holed scoop from the Ukraine on the auction site. Under $100 and well worth it. You need to add a handle, no problem, buy fiberglass handled shovel at the big box store for $10. The scoop is light weight and very strong. Have one for 2 years and going like a champ. Dont bother with anything other than stainless steel. All else will usually fail within the first year.

That's a boat load of diggin in the dirt. I use to average $1500 on the beach but no one uses change anymore !!!

Good luck,
HH
Donna(NJ)

Great Advance! Thank you for the idea's! So do you just hold on to it or attach it and let it drag behide you?

But what many of us are REALLY wondering, ATProDude, is how long it took you to set up that table display, all straight and pretty and to photograph it from all the cool angles ! C’mon, fess up dude. You must be ignoring all the gold signals and cherry-picking those quarters.

Jimther

It took me just 1 day. My secret is using a meter stick and just moving the stacks to a straight line. It was not too hard to do but stacking the quarters took a little patients. It was fun! I look forward on do this every year. It is one of my joys and sharing it with others. :lol:

atpro dude

That's incredible! First of all, nice haul for the year...and this is just the clad and a few highlights. I imagine you could have assembled a massive, mind blowing display of your trash and other finds too.
Secondly, this is a VERY impressive display! Well done Sir!
Perhaps this post would be a better fit for the eye popping, mind blowing forum?

Your right!! I sure have put it in the eye popping mind blowing form!!

atpro dude

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful! Brings tears to my eyes! What a great display again this year! Super Congratulations on that Stander! Thank you for all the posts and inspiration and especially the effort to put this TableShop together! Outstanding Top example of what a dedicated MegaCladdie is capable of!

More Good Luck wishes to you in 2018 Brother! Hats Off!:tissue::hat3::tiphat::wincup:

Thanks Mud, I knew it would get ya a little emotional seeing all them coins shining at cha. It would bring anybody to tears. LOL! I think 2018 will a much different story though. Too hard to find good pay dirt it seems. Schools are my last hope or move out of southern California! HA! May have to pass the mega cladder jacket to you this time around.

I use a meter stick to get them straight! Sure was fun setting them up. I have just finished rolling them. It is now time to take to bank! I could show the green backs but that just may make you loose it again.. :lol:

Happy Hunting! ATPro Dude

Just absolutely unbelievable!

I don't think there is that much clad in the ground in the entire STATE of Oklahoma LOL!

AMAZING job finding, digging, and cleaning all that money!!!

Steve

ATProDude. Congratulations on the hard work! That is an amazing amount of clad! You're display from 2016 was my inspiration for 2017, but I didn't even break $1200. How do you get the quarters so clean? Mine always look clay-grey so I shuck 'em in the machine every other month. I don't think the credit union would like a couple thousand dirty quarters all at the same time.

Jason, Another killer season man. Congrats on the clad and pile of silver rings...Good for you you`re able to put in all the hours....That all being said if you are finding that much clad and such a big pile of silver rings I cant imagine how many gold targets you are just passing over because you`re concentrating so much on those higher tones....I bet if you go back to those same places and slow waaay down and dig all the low signals between 42-65 you will come up aces with the gold. One gold target will make up for a lot of those quarters being dug. Not that I dont enjoy digging those up either. Either way congrats again on a killer season....Go get some gold in 2018 ! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom