Equinox Gold and Eyeball Gold!

Compass

Forum Supporter
Last Saturday I bumped into forum member jjm861 (aka Jeff) at a freshwater lake. Jeff's a great guy and skilled water/beach hunter and he killed it despite less than ideal conditions. :yes: I'm still learning the new Equinox 800 and managed to find my first Nox gold ring - a very small 10K band that rang up in the 11-13 range in "Gold Mode" 2.
picture.php

Yesterday, I decided to test the 800 in another lake and was plodding along in shallow water when I spied what looked like a bright circle of gold next to the shore under only a few inches of water. "No way!" I thought to myself as I waved the coil over it. It gave a loud, solid tone and read "18" on the display. I scooped it up, picked it out of the basket and could clearly see "14K" and a maker's mark stamped on the inside.
picture.php

This is not the time of year when many people venture into the water but it sure looked like a fairly recent drop. The ring was slightly tarnished and almost looked like rose gold before I cleaned it. I suppose it could have been uncovered by the waves from the boat-wakes or wind.
picture.php

It's not a big ring so 4.7 grams was unexpected. For such a plain band it is surprisingly beautiful to me. As much as I love finding easy gold I kind of wish that it was buried and that I had found it with the new detector. :yes:
GL&HH!

Lol you had your detector with you so you would never have found it if you werent out!!! Congrats on the gold

George.....awesome finds my friend. Better yet, it is always a good day bumping into you at the beach and having a chance to chat. That 14k band looks like old gold to me.....CONGRATS !!!!

Congrats George.. that was not a recent drop.. when they turn colors like that it means its been there quite a while plus the hallmark is old..

:dingding: Congrats on the golds BUT you are incorrect sir! :nono: Although you may have seen the 2nd ring 1st when you place your coil over it that's when it becomes a DETECTING find! :yes: For someone who's probably been doing this hobby for longer than me its sad you haven't learned that rule yet! :roll: :lol:

Congrats on nice finds. If you weren't out hunting you would have never found the rings. Hey, it's not important how you found it, YOU FOUND IT !!! Great hunt.

Sweet :yes: :grin: I've eyeballed goodies on the beach before but never a gold ring. :bowdown: nice job :)

Sweet Finds

Your a Gold magnet George, with the EQ- 800 , your a Gold slayer , great job on the double gold, i took the dog to the beach today , had a blast, might hunt tomorrow, happy hunting , Earl PS did you run into any fresh water Mermaid's howboutit :?::shock::D

Nice haul George! They count if you wave the coil over it. I actually eye balled two gold rings once laying on the top after a northeaster. Agree that is an old gold with the way they block mold the gold. One I used to have that was similar was marked 1896 if I remember right.

Back
Top Bottom