Bald man taken to the barber.

Dan B.

Elite Member
Made it back out to a forgotten little town (the title of a previous post) to get in some more detecting before the fields get planted. Over a period of time (many many trips) I've pulled out 12 Indian Head pennies and nothing silver but today was my day.

I finally pulled out a piece of silver and it was my very first Barber dime and also it was my first u.s. 1800s silver. It is an 1899 O mint mark Barber dime. I have finally broke my silver drought and wearing a silver smile.

Attachments

• IMG_20180423_122431.jpg
    IMG_20180423_122431.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_20180423_122227.jpg
    IMG_20180423_122227.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_20180423_122506.jpg
    IMG_20180423_122506.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 291
Excellent Barber!! Looks fantastic! Knew it was just a matter of time before you’d get your coil over silver in that field, it’s a good one :D Congrats on the bucket lister!

Congrats! That has some nice details!

Congrats on your first 1800's silver coin. Your Barber Dime looks to be in very nice condition. Trapper

Excellent Barber!! Looks fantastic! Knew it was just a matter of time before you’d get your coil over silver in that field, it’s a good one :D Congrats on the bucket lister!

Great find !!! Congrats on the Barber.

That's awesome!
Nice save:yes:

Nice, those Barbers are nice to find.

Very nice. Sounds like a great spot!

Thank you everybody I enjoy hearing your comments thanks again for the encouragement.

That Barber is in excellent cond. must have been dropped on the way home from the bank, lol. Great find, congrats.

Hopefully he had a bag full of change with a hole in it. And as soon as the beans come off this fall I shall return:yes:

Beautiful coin !

If you ever want some company hunting that site just let me know :lol:

Yes it is a beautiful coin. And you never know when the beans come off this fall we are actually only live about 15 miles away from each other.

When the beans come off this fall we will make another trip out there thanks

Back
Top Bottom