Another one of those "help me decide" threads... AT Pro or...?

chevysoldier

Alright, I haven't been detecting long but have already felt the urge to upgrade from my $80 BH 2200 Costco purchase. I've been reading on here and other internet reviews about other detectors and the ATP keeps coming up as a really good choice. I was looking at them on Amazon, one with two coils and the carrot, and my wife told me to add it to my wish list insinuating she'd get it for me, of course I think I'd contact a sponsor on here for a better price.

Anyways, what do you guys think I should go with? I'm in Ohio, detect for coins, jewelry, and any other misc items at parks, homes yards, schools, possibly wet areas like creek's or lakes... I know there are hundreds of threads on here about this vs that but I'm really stuck. Thanks to everyone in advance!

I have had an ATPro for a couple of months now and really enjoy it. It's my first detector so I can't compare it to anything else. I went with the ATP so I wouldn't have to worry about dropping it in the creek.

Have you considered the White's MXSport? I may be a bit biased... I'm really weary of people tripping over eachother to be the foremost in worshipping the At Pro....:hornetsnest:

I have had an ATPro for a couple of months now and really enjoy it. It's my first detector so I can't compare it to anything else. I went with the ATP so I wouldn't have to worry about dropping it in the creek.

Thanks for response!

Have you considered the White's MXSport? I may be a bit biased... I'm really weary of people tripping over eachother to be the foremost in worshipping the At Pro....:hornetsnest:

Lol, it does seen like that detector gets a lot of love! I have not looked into the MXSport. What do you like about it?

According to what you will be hunting, I think a used AT PRO for about $400 would be the best choice.:yes:

I'd seriously consider calling one of the sponsors of this forum. I guarantee they can get you a better deal than buying straight off amazon.

According to what you will be hunting, I think a used AT PRO for about $400 would be the best choice.:yes:
Thought about it but unused and having a warranty are appealing, but that kind of price drop is tempting.
I'd seriously consider calling one of the sponsors of this forum. I guarantee they can get you a better deal than buying straight off amazon.

I've seen multiple people say the same thing. I'll have to convince the wife lol

I was skeptical about the ATP too. I ran Tesoros for years, and thought the ATP was over hyped. Now I have one. It's actually a really good machine. I'm having a lot of fun with it. My personal opinion is that it was not hype all these years. All the hoopla was warranted.

Dan

MX sport is an at pro killer. would be a great fit and then some for what you want. It hunts deeper, has great target seperation, nice easy to navigate display with a backlight, salt water capable, water proof up to 10 ft, has up to 20 tones, and battery life seems to be epic I get 30 to 35 hours easy per set of batteries. if you can afford the 800$ you will never regret it. Also changing frequencies really allows hunting in many diff soil types and near EMI sources like power lines or other detectors.

If you're gonna get wet then the MX Sport or AT Pro. If you're a land lubber, I would check out the new Patriot (Fisher F70 clone) coming out online only.
If you don't need the meter, then a Tesoro Vaquero is an excellent and reliable, deep hunting machine.

Good luck hunting with whatever you choose.

Hey, I just checked and the Teknetics website is UP and the Patriot is for sale online @ $499, plus there is a dealer code
you can get on this forum for a $50 coupon. F70 for four hundred bucks!

Here's my advice: get in touch with one of the sponsors, tell them where you are located, what type of places you intend to hunt (land, water (fresh or salt) etc.), the types of things you stuff you want to find (coins, rings etc.) just like I did. After I did that the sponsor that I dealt with suggested that I start with the Fisher line. I started out with a Fisher F2 and after I knew I was sticking with the hobby I upgraded to the F70.

What I'm suggesting in a nutshell is ask questions and give as much information as you can and a sponsor, a good one, will direct you in the right path.

By the way, I'm in NW Ohio (Toledo area)

Now tell me where you can buy a used for 400 bucks

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

There have been some for sale here in the $400 to $450 range.
I bought mine used for about $400, but that was 5 years ago.

Gesendet von meine computer...

I'm still worried about all the issues the MX Sport had when released and how poorly Whites handled them.
It hasn't been out long enough to put a lot of folks minds at ease yet.

My buddy uses the AT Pro and loves it. He doesn't use it at salt water beaches though, and that's supposed to be a weak spot for it.

If you don't care about waterproof machines, I've read that the T2 Classic and the Fisher F75 are being offered by sponsors at a really great price for what you get, but I've never used them.

I enjoy using my Makro Racer 2. It does what I need it to and I'm still learning it.

Back
Top Bottom