Received a new Xp MI-6 pinpointer, comments provided.

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Thanks to Craig here-Show Me Treasure
Should have in a couple days.

Given time I am going to try to deal with every sponsor here.
Have already dealt with 5 now I think, counting today's transaction,
If I'm counting correctly.

Last edited:
Ordered myself a new MI-6 pinpointer.

That's where I got mine too. Craig was very nice to deal with. I preordered mine and he kept me updated every step of the way until it arrived. Will definitely do more business with him in the future.

Congrats on the new pointer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received my MI-6 pinpointer today.

A few comments.

I have tested and used a little bit.

Nice addition I feel to anyone operating a Deus unit.

Will benefit both Deus lite package users as well as packages containing the remote unit.

The pinpointer if a person has the remote, will have no problem knowing if the pinpointer is switched on or off just by glancing at the remote, not so with Deus lite package ( looking at headphone module).

Unit easily pairs to actual Deus unit.

Notice I said Deus Lite package above (no remote).

This brings up a good question for dealers here.

Folks who opt to purchase Deus lite package, if I am correct there, if a dealer will use an "in house" remote and pair the pinpointer for Deus lite purchaser,,the pinpointer can in fact be used in an actual interface fashion.

And with drop shipping, yes this could be a problem. But I think if a person looks around, maybe they can find a dealer with items in stock at dealership.

I do have a question for Craig (detecting Mo).

If the pointer is paired using the remote of course for say a person who has Deus Lite unit, later on after this has transpired,,can the Deus lite owner operator,, can they actually unpair the pinpointer intentionally or accidentally, making pairing void, hence since the person wouldn't have a remote to re pair,,they would be SOL.

Am I right here Craig with my thinking.

I like the belt clip and how it rotates.

I have played with the non interfaced option of using, still not ready to comment on it just yet.

Will say for folks buying pinpointer,,and if a person is thinking of later upgrading or buying a Deus unit,, you might want to go the MI-6 route,, and yes it can be used it seems at least to the satisfactory level with any Vlf detector.

http://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/local/Xpmda/Frontend/assets/docs/MI-6_Manual.pdf
More to come maybe.

Last edited:
I have used the MI-6 both with the Deus as well as stand alone for a couple months now and can tell you that with the Deus unit the MI-6 is invaluable. The ability to have only the user hear the audio response from the pin pointer through the headphones is one of the best detecting upgrades out there.
Now that I have had more time to also use it in the stand alone mode I must say that I prefer my Garrett "Carrot" with my other units. I keep both on a lanyard and fasten whichever one I am using to a loop on my finds pouch.
Very interesting point you bring up TNSS, I would also like to know the answer to those questions.

I have been trying to actually disrupt the pairing using button on pointer when used as a Deus lite setup.
So far I can't seem to break the pairing, which is good IMO.

Still not 100% sure it can't be done accidentally or purposely.

Also, should,remind folks if you do decide to go down this route here, trying to use Deus lite with actual interface (pairing) with unit with no remote. It could awkward for the following reason. You will not have any visual info to tell you one way or the other if the pinpointer is switched on or off, but you do get a beep when turning on pointer in headphones, and you get a beep when you turn pointer off.

I also notice, another clue that pointer is turned on using deus lite setup,,,the notorious Deus chirpiness goes quiet.

It's intended to be used WITH the remote. Like a deus coil though, it actually pairs to the head set for audio so can be used in a deus lite setup without user adjustment control for pitch/pulse or sensitivity. Whatever was set with the remote will be set. It can of course still go from pairing mode to stand-alone and back without loosing pairing. As far as the pointer is concerned, the pairing is on the headphone/remote side of things. So unless you delete it with a remote, it will stay paired to remote/headset I believe.

It's intended to be used WITH the remote. Like a deus coil though, it actually pairs to the head set for audio so can be used in a deus lite setup without user adjustment control for pitch/pulse or sensitivity. Whatever was set with the remote will be set. It can of course still go from pairing mode to stand-alone and back without loosing pairing. As far as the pointer is concerned, the pairing is on the headphone/remote side of things. So unless you delete it with a remote, it will stay paired to remote/headset I believe.

Alright folks, I have it seems provided info in error.

MI-6 pinpointer can in fact be paired using solely Deus lite setup (no remote).
I have indeed done this.
See page 27 this link for instructions.
http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/telechargement/Instruction manual/DEUS_V4_MANUAL_UK.pdf

Led?

Howdy, thanks for sharing the info... can you comment on how bright the LED is?

I am mostly as night hunter and rely only on the pinpointer LED (for example, the Garrett Carrot LED, for me anyways, is fine and dandy).

Thanks again!

Ron F.
---------

Love the pointer.
I dug a fishing weight the other day, and the clip that holds it, well the Deus wouldn't hit it, even on -6 disc, but the pointer hit it lol, pointer is more sensitive than the detector!!!

Howdy, thanks for sharing the info... can you comment on how bright the LED is?

I am mostly as night hunter and rely only on the pinpointer LED (for example, the Garrett Carrot LED, for me anyways, is fine and dandy).

Thanks again!

Ron F.
---------

The light on MI-6 seems brighter than the Garrett propointer's light.
Held up on wall, dark and compared.

Thanks!

Awesome! Good to know.... may have to pick one up and give it a whirl!

Ron F.
---------

Back
Top Bottom