• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Whats your favorite digger??

I have a Lesche Digger, the more I use it, the more I dislike it.

Good for piercing the sod, not good for digging or soil removal. (too pointed)

I have the 31" T Sampson also but some places, like parks..its a bit too invasive or intimidating perhaps for on lookers or park personnel.

Yeah I noticed that it was designed for landscapeing originally. The manuanfactors web site decribes it as haveing the ability to dig with surgical precesseion :laughing:

Been using one of these for about 18 years. The pick slips into my back pocket and can dig target with my left hand and not have to set down the detector.

Attachments

• intrenching_tool_m1951.jpg
    intrenching_tool_m1951.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 546
Sampson 31t, hands down, and the Dirt Digger Grizzly for hand digging, but man once I got the 31" I don't want to use anything else. My shoulders are so bad anymore the shovel makes it easy.

I actually like the lesche, and before that used fiskers and have two. I need to leave a fiskers as a backup in the other car... I do want to try the hori horis too.

Best digger? For deeper finds, I prefer the North American Prairie Badger!...Once trained, they are somewhat docile on a leash can easily be confused with a smallish cute little dog, or a smallish Dollar Store throw rug to the general Public!..That gives a guy some Public park hunting capabilities! Like a Lhasa Apso or a Shitzu! Badgers just go to town! Straight down!!

Although, for a shallow clad signal, Badgers are overkill...So a nice fresh Starnosed Mole is hard to beat! Those little buggers you can carry right in your shirt pocket! Set them down over a target, and away they go! Straight down with no complaints or fanfare! Handy little tail, just like a badger has, for the retrieve...

I will say though, the perfect digger? When it comes to overall digging and the cuteness factor, accessibility and Public Park Perception?...you really cant beat a nice little off the shelf rescued from the dog pound Dachshund!...

It sure saves a guy carrying moles around in their pocket...and who can find a decent Prairie badger now a days or has the time to leash train them? Shovels my @ss! Let somebody else do the work! Dachshunds just LOVE to dig! Plus, Nobody is gonna toss an old guy off a field or park just out for an evening stroll walking their stupid little innocent looking Dachshund! Try that with a pocket full of Moles and a Prairie Badger on a leash?

You will certainly get tazed, cuffed and stuffed! Unless you are in Montana..then Ok...no biggie, just blend right in with the Locals...Yeah... a good little rescue Dachshund pup!...pound for pound.. the best digger of about all time I have ever seen!..Even a Case 480 backhoe has inherant design drawbacks...even with 'In cab AC' and the Extandahoe feature....

Thinking...Funny ice breaker at a pick up bar!!.."Is that a Mole thumping around in your pants pocket or are you happy to see me?"

"Nope! its a just a damn old mole!...We were heading home from a totlot clad fest and thought we would stop in here and knock the dirt off our nose nozzles!" ....... "Ya wanna see my Prairie Badger? He's waiting out in the car"..." I also have a trustworthy little dog as my designated driver..., so I'm cool"...
Fuuny!!!!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Well it all dispense on the hunting I'm doing.

Attachments

• BOMB#2LIFT 5oz.jpg
    BOMB#2LIFT 5oz.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 437
  • bomb hanger2.jpg
    bomb hanger2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 424
the Lesche cuts through St Augustine grass and thick-ish roots very well. I cut plug with the Lesche, then scoop with either my hand or the digging trowel

X2
The Lesche is great in St. Augustine grass and my soil also. It is my go to for parks. Curb strips and permissions, I carry my T31. It's great to help stand up, dig a great plug and fend off others if needed!

Back
Top Bottom