Another one of those "help me decide" threads... AT Pro or...?

In Ohio go with the ATpro

Thats the best detector for the area your in. Its good for the rain and any lakes you hit.

MX sport is an at pro killer. would be a great fit and then some for what you want. It hunts deeper, has great target seperation, nice easy to navigate display with a backlight, salt water capable, water proof up to 10 ft, has up to 20 tones, and battery life seems to be epic I get 30 to 35 hours easy per set of batteries. if you can afford the 800$ you will never regret it. Also changing frequencies really allows hunting in many diff soil types and near EMI sources like power lines or other detectors.

The MX Sport you can not change frequencies, you can offset the frequency like lots of other detectors.

The AT PRO is a good detector.

The MX Sport you can not change frequencies, you can offset the frequency like lots of other detectors.

The AT PRO is a good detector.

well you get the point that you change the frequency setting and it helps majorly. Point is that the at pro is a good detector, but in my mind the mxsport just out performs it all around with the exception of availability of coil selections.

listen to her!

Attachments

• 61790976.jpg
    61790976.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 222
I like my ATP, BUT you will want a smaller coil if you hunt in trashy areas. That big coil goes off like a pinball machine otherwise. Lots of people use the 5X8 coil and love the balance.

BCD

I have both the f70 and At pro. I almost always reach for the fisher f70. Blazingly fast recovery and separation. AND you can get them cheap! Did I mention super light and balanced?

Any machine you get you must study like your going for your Ph.D. To truly understand it's limits and capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been running the ATP is SW Ohio for a couple years now. Also upgraded from a BH that I had for about 6 months. Love the machine and works great around here for me. I's definitely recommend it. Got mine from Bart at Big Boy Hobbies (sponsor on here)

Ive been using an AT pro for 3 or 4 years , its a good detector but if I had to decide on a new one now it would probably be a Fisher f70. But thats just based on second hand information and the great reviews it gets. The AT pro deserves probably about 70% of the hype it gets , much of the hype is from people who have never used anything else. On the other hand , the f70 gets praise from a lot of people who have been in this hobby for a long time and have used other detectors in its price range so its hard to deny those positive reviews. I wouldnt trade my ATP for almost anything but I do think I would trade it for an f70.....only because I have given up on water hunting , wich is the ATP's niche ,......not enough water with potential in my immediate vicinity and not enough time for travel. Without the waterproof ability of the ATP , it is still good....but average , performance wise I see a few in its range that match it or possibly better.

You might want to consider a minelab safari it will sniff out coins and other goodies really well

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Sorry FLphil no longer has the 400.00 used ATP. But I have new ones and New MXsports! HH, Phil

Last edited:
Says it's "new"

You are right ,.....I didn't recheck that before I posted about it. Last night the condition said " used " , with a note saying its unused but per amazon rules since the box was opened he couldn't sell it as " new ". I guess he found out he could and updated the listing.

Now that Im looking further into that amazon seller he has other detectors at some hard to believe prices too. Garrett AT pro for $330 , Fisher gold bug for $299 , Fisher f75 for $359 , Teknetics T2 classic for $299. The more I consider this the more I wonder how those detectors and prices can be the real deal. Either something is wrong , or he is selling out all of his stock to get rid of it at drastically cut prices. Either there is some dishonesty afoot or this is a chance for people to get some really good deals while it lasts , Im not sure which. I tried to contact the seller on amazon and it wouldn't let me ask him a question , so.......something is wrong , forget I brought these deals up ...

Are there fakes out there of those detectors?

There probably are. Something shady going on since amazon wouldn't let me ask him a question. Probably best to avoid.

If it seems too good to be true.....

But if anybody is able to get a question through to that seller and find a valid reason for such low prices its probably worth asking. He may be or " was " a detector dealer , which made me look at it again. Im not sure what to make of it but there are some warning signs there.

Get the AT Pro....period. Its a remarkable machine that will perform above/ beyond your expectations. I strongly recommend the smaller 5x8 search coil. It makes the machine perfectly balanced and will allow you to hunt all day long without feeling like your arm is going to fall off. HH.

Back
Top Bottom