What Was The Best Detector Ever Made?

Michigan Badger

Forum Supporter
This may prove interesting.

Of all metal detectors made for land coin/jewelry/relic hunting, which one would you say was (is) the best?

Badger P.S. You may not have actually owned this machine but have heard about it from people you respect in the hobby.

Best meaning has the most peotential for an experienced user...? I want to say V3 but my vote goes to E-Trac!

I have no idea since I have only used 3 differnt ones.

The best detector ever made was whatever found that Saxon gold horde a few months back!

I have no Idea but I bet this thread gets a work out. Good question. Many of us will be watching for the best answers.

I am thinking oldie but goody

How about the Fisher 1266X ?? a super detector ..simple to use but takes some experience getting use to the different audio clicks squeals etc..but i love the thing :)

The best detector ever made is the Craftsman Hammer. You can swing it while working on a car and it will seek out the most expensive part of the car, redirect itself, strike and break the part. It is a consistent valued-item finder.:shock:

In 30 years I have had about 5 detectors so am limited on choices. I love my Fisher 1266X - cannot imagine another machine that would dig more than I have been getting. Steve in so az

In 30 years I have had about 5 detectors so am limited on choices. I love my Fisher 1266X - cannot imagine another machine that would dig more than I have been getting. Steve in so az

I owned the 1260-X and that was the machine that revolutionized the way people looked at this hobby. Maybe you recall that model?

When it first came out everyone was using the "lunch box" machines. I killed the Merc & Barber dimes that year (1983).

The 1266-X eventually came along with some big improvements. You're not the only one who loves that machine. It has a big following today which again is usually evident when they show up on ebay.

Do you recall when Fisher stated that target ID meters on detectors were a gimmick? :lol: It wasn't long and they had to back down and put them on their own machines. It was that or go out of business. I wish today I had kept those ads to prove this.

I tend to be too opinionated as everyone knows, but the way I see it the real Fisher company died years ago.

Badger

If its based on sales , and popularity ( at the time ) and the fact that there are still many loyal users and collectors , Id have to say the whites coinmaster in its various forms and its clones made under other brand names by whites. ( not the new " coinmaster " ) Its hard to find people who have negative things to say about them except that they are heavy and bulky.

It's a machine that out classes the 11 detectors that I owned before. It is excellent finding coins and relics. A very sensitive machine. Light and easy to use.

It's a machine that out classes the 11 detectors that I owned before. It is excellent finding coins and relics. A very sensitive machine. Light and easy to use.

I just read the reviews over on the metal reviews site. Seems most people agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom