Toltec Needs Repairing

Corben

I have a sick Toltec 100 that I miss using out on the field. I bought it used and was wondering what the average cost to repair a broken detector is. So if any of you guys had to get a broken detector fixed how high was the bill?

I certainly can't say they will, but Tesoro has been known to fix detectors free of charge, even if bought used. Give them a call or email.

l.cutler said:
I certainly can't say they will, but Tesoro has been known to fix detectors free of charge, even if bought used. Give them a call or email.

I know that when I had a problem with a used C-Scope R1 a few years ago, C-Scope repaired the problem, upgraded the software, fitted a new coil and posted it back, all free of charge.

~ Alan ~ said:
I wonder what the symptoms are, is it completely dead ?

It act as though the sensitivity is set way to high. It will still detect but it constantly beeps and the needle on the meter bounces back and fourth. Very annoying.

I assume you've had a look inside, to see if there's any loose connections ?

Try moving the lead around with headphones unplugged, might be a broken lead at the coil, or on the other end of the lead ?

Also try with coil unplugged.

Send it in to Tesoro. They stand behind their detectors 100%, you'll be surprized at the service you get. They've fixed two used machines I had and did it at no charge despite the fact I sent in letters with the machines that made it clear I had bought them used.

You can't lose with Tesoro in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom