Just bought a brand new Tesoro Eldorado uMax

Metallian

I was shocked to find a dealer who still had a brand new one on his wall. He didn't let it go cheap, I basically paid full price, but after learning that Eldorado's typically go for $300 or more used, I decided that for a little more, it is worth having a brand new unit. I won't have to worry about how the previous owner treated it, and I don't have to worry about whether Tesoro will service it for free or not.

I wanted to buy either the Bandido II umax or the Eldorado umax. I had a Vaquero briefly, but I must have had a noisy unit because I returned it. I've read the older Tesoros are more stable, and that is what I am looking for. Plus, I think 10khz will be better for hitting silver, which is what I'm hunting for. I like the frequency shift of the Eldorado more than the auto-tune switch of the Bandido.

I can't wait to receive it and try it out.

Congrats on your El Dorado !!

My El Dorado is still my favorite detector over my new Vaquero, It's outstanding and flat out deadly on pinpointing. I take both when I go and use the Vaquero first but pull out the big guns later in the day. You will find great things with it I'm sure. That three way toggle is a great feature.My El Dorado paid for my wife's Cutlass and my Vaquero. I put O-rings on the ground balance knobs on all my machines to make them just a little harder to turn so there's less chance of bumping it in the field.

Attachments

• machines 001 (Small).jpg
    machines 001 (Small).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,382
  • machines 002 (Small).jpg
    machines 002 (Small).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,257
Way to go,welcome to the Tesoro club. You'll love the Eldo, it will get down there and will hit on the smallest of jewelry. These babies are hard to find,especially new ones. Let us know how you like it. Steve.

They sure are a beauty...........

Attachments

• eldoradoqtrgb.jpg
    eldoradoqtrgb.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,015
Forgot to mention, if when you set the threshold it happens not to sound perfectly smooth don't worry about it. The threshold on the Eldo I had was really smooth, but some Tesoro's threshold sounds like what I call wavy. Doesn't affect performance in the least. Steve.

That sounds like the problem I had with my old Vaquero. That, and the fact that I couldn't detect a half dollar at 4 inches in my backyard.

I really think I had a bad detector... it behaved this way everywhere I went with it.

My El Dorado is still my favorite detector over my new Vaquero, It's outstanding and flat out deadly on pinpointing. I take both when I go and use the Vaquero first but pull out the big guns later in the day. You will find great things with it I'm sure. That three way toggle is a great feature.My El Dorado paid for my wife's Cutlass and my Vaquero. I put O-rings on the ground balance knobs on all my machines to make them just a little harder to turn so there's less chance of bumping it in the field.

That's a great idea with the O-rings.

Thanks for letting me know about that Arizona dealer. I wish I could have paid less, but that's always the case. At least I got what I wanted.

That sounds like the problem I had with my old Vaquero. That, and the fact that I couldn't detect a half dollar at 4 inches in my backyard.

I really think I had a bad detector... it behaved this way everywhere I went with it.
You must of had a defective one or didn't set the ground balance right, because the Vaq. will go deeper than 4".

Let me save you alittle time with the o ring thing (which is a good idea & works really well) get yourself an 1.5 MM allen wrench, that is the size you will need to fit the screw in the dials to remove them. Here is another pointer, turn your threshold dial all the way to end of its travel either clockwise or counter clockwise before you take the knob off, that way you'll know where it should be when replacng the knob. Hope I make sense. Doesn't matter with the ground balance knob as it will turn continuously in either direction. Steve.

Woe! that baby needed to go back to Tesoro big time. Probably somebody screwed up the coil balance or the coil itself was bad.

Back
Top Bottom