What do you consider to be the BEST MD

I haven't used a lot of detectors. I used the Ace for 2 years and the E-Trac for a year and a half. I hunt mainly for old copper and relics. The E-Trac gives me good results in heavy iron area's. But I think the Ace would find 90 percent of the things I find with the E-Trac. The Ace found more then enough to pay for the E-Trac. I think the time you put in with your detector and how well you learn it is more important then the detector. It took more then a year with each detector to learn how to use them. That was about fifteen hours a week, every week. I hunt with people using a lot of different detectors and they all make good finds. IMO it's the location more then the detector. If you have a good spot your going to make good finds. There is no magic formula. It's research and time learning your detector.

I have used a lot of detectors but the best is my cz 5 . Next would be the f75 then SE and the etrac is ok. With the cz's they go deeper then all of then coil for coil size, they are as fast as the f75 and the ID works way better then the SE or etrac.

Almost any detector will find things if you take the time to learn how to use it. I have an XLT which is a lot newer than the Tek 9000 that I have been using for years. I kept going back to my Tek because it seemed I was spending more time trying to figure out different things about the XLT than I was hunting. I have been using the XLT more lately, but there are still some things about it I need to learn. I recently bought an Ace 250, but because of the weather, I've only had it out a couple of times. It's a lot simplier than the XLT, but i will have to learn it's secrets too.

IMO it's the location more then the detector. If you have a good spot your going to make good finds. There is no magic formula. It's research and time learning your detector.

While I agree with you for the most part, in our area you can go to a good park that holds old silver but it takes a top of the line detector to hear the deeper stuff. Anything pre 1900 has sunk so deep that it's out of the range of any detector and you need to wait for some kind of ground breaking construction to get it.

When my friend got his first explorer he would call me over to have a listen at deep coins with my XLT. The XLT simply coudn't hear them not matter how much I cranked it up. Maybe the TEK could. I've seen that machine in the right hands and watched it just obliterate the competition.

Best Detector

I know you haven't had the 250 very long, but it is a great little machine. It's not a toy, even though it's tonka yellow:lol: I love mine and have found some nice things. I'm so glad I didn't pick a hard to understand machine and get frustrated with it and quit. Now after 1.5 years I'm looking to upgrade to have wet sand capabilities and poss. under water.. Good luck

I know you haven't had the 250 very long, but it is a great little machine. It's not a toy, even though it's tonka yellow:lol: I love mine and have found some nice things. I'm so glad I didn't pick a hard to understand machine and get frustrated with it and quit. Now after 1.5 years I'm looking to upgrade to have wet sand capabilities and poss. under water.. Good luck

For wet sand at a good price the c-scope cs4pi is the one unless you want to spend a lot more on a Sovereign.http://www.csmetaldetectors.com/product.aspx?pid=22

I have hunted Vero Beach several times and most of the detectorists (is that a word???) over there use Minelab Excalibers so they can use it underwater and on land. Its basically a waterproof sovereign. If I wanted one detector to do it all, that would be the one I choose. I had used a Landstar for several years and always longed for a better detector. I purchased a Surfmaster PI and went over the hotspots that I hunted with the Landstar to see what I was missing and didn't find anything except iron so I just kept the Landstar and was happy. Then it was stolen a couple weeks ago and I replaced it with a M6. I am very happy with the M6 and I like the tone-ID so you can hear all the iron and know when to slow down your sweep speed. It does go a little deeper than the Landstar, but it also has an inch and a half larger coil. It definately feels and looks impressive and not so much of a toyish (another iffy word) look.
Long story short...if I had to choose just one, it would be an excaliber, even though I had never used one (If that make any sense...lol).

I have hunted Vero Beach several times and most of the detectorists (is that a word???) over there use Minelab Excalibers so they can use it underwater and on land. Its basically a waterproof sovereign. If I wanted one detector to do it all, that would be the one I choose. I had used a Landstar for several years and always longed for a better detector. I purchased a Surfmaster PI and went over the hotspots that I hunted with the Landstar to see what I was missing and didn't find anything except iron so I just kept the Landstar and was happy. Then it was stolen a couple weeks ago and I replaced it with a M6. I am very happy with the M6 and I like the tone-ID so you can hear all the iron and know when to slow down your sweep speed. It does go a little deeper than the Landstar, but it also has an inch and a half larger coil. It definately feels and looks impressive and not so much of a toyish (another iffy word) look.
Long story short...if I had to choose just one, it would be an excaliber, even though I had never used one (If that make any sense...lol).

Quote - (If that make any sense...lol).

Nope not a bit:lol:. Just kidding. Thats too bad about your Landstar, but look at it a better way - it could of been a Tesoro that got stolen :p:lol:.

"Nope not a bit. Just kidding. Thats too bad about your Landstar, but look at it a better way - it could of been a Tesoro that got stolen"

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I hear you Skiwhiz...I see you loved them so much you sold them. :)

"Nope not a bit. Just kidding. Thats too bad about your Landstar, but look at it a better way - it could of been a Tesoro that got stolen"

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I hear you Skiwhiz...I see you loved them so much you sold them. :)
Shouldn't you be out detecting or something :yes::lol:. Your right I'm Tesoroless (if thats a word). And am considering a White's CoinMaster but don't tell anyone, want to get something (inexpensive) at the end of the month and have been watching the reviews/forum posts/etc. on the White's CoinMaster and theTechnetics Alpha 2000. If money wasn't an issue I would try a MXT or a M6 like you have, some day hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom