ATP: Do you like the camlocks or metal clips better?

Midknight

Elite Member
The reason I ask is because today while setting up the ATP for the first time in months I ended up fighting with the camlocks to get into the battery compartment. Needless to say, I ended up cracking one of the plastic camlocks. It didn't break, just cracked.

I remember when they first introduced the ATP they didn't hav it with camlocks, but they quickly changed that. I have used camlocks on many different things over the yrs, and have never really been a fan, especially if they have the potential of getting dirty. In my experiences they strip easily because they get a lot of dirt in them. The metal clips that come with the atp, and older ace series are a better solution in my opinion. Thoughts???😃

I got rid of those camlocks on my Pro years ago! For the same reasons you mentioned..they jam up unusable, the top one makes it difficult to get to the batteries etc..They were so jammed up, I had to use a pair of Channelloks to get them opened!

So I took them off and have not looked back..those twin detent pins are more than ample...I straight run the cable as you can see...I can quickly pop the top detents and fold the thing in half if I want...

Attachments

• nel pro3.jpg
    nel pro3.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Pro3.jpg
    Pro3.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I had to get a new shaft because my old one broke. The came locks were seized after one hunt.

Same as Mud...

The holes for the spring clips are getting very elongated since though..

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom