A great welcome back

sebranka

Returned home from my trip two weeks ago, first week back managed a few nice coins, including 4 halves from a teller. Finally got some boxes of halves the second week, 8 boxes to be exact. My friend at the bank however told me that they were not going to be ordering any more boxes because they were being charged per box or something like that after a certain amount but he told me he would try to find out what was going on exactly. What a bummer because out of the last 8 boxes, 7 had silver, including one that was my best box ever! First picture is of the first week, then the results of the first 4 boxes, with the first box being a blank, and then the last four, with box number five being loaded with three walkers, four Bens and three 64's. Added were also 5 40%ers. The last pic is the total for the last two weeks. Bittersweet on the halves but it is what it is.

Attachments

• IMG_1622.jpg
    IMG_1622.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_1624.jpg
    IMG_1624.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_1626.jpg
    IMG_1626.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_1628.jpg
    IMG_1628.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 397
A very nice haul! Sure hope you can get the situation with the bank set up so you can get more boxes!

Thanks, I'll see how it goes. I have one other bank that orders me halves and another one from the same company that offered to as well. I can go back and get them to get me a few boxes if this bank doesn't work out. I'll give it till the end of the month and if nothing happens I'll just close that account.

Wow, killer boxes. Hope you can get things squared away with the banks and maybe keep the streak alive. Actually it's been a couple weeks -- any more good luck?

Wow, killer boxes. Hope you can get things squared away with the banks and maybe keep the streak alive. Actually it's been a couple weeks -- any more good luck?

The guys that work at the bank have told me they're not sure how it's going to be yet, they might start charging for boxes. I'm going to go and talk to them on Tuesday, I still have one more bank but its boxes have not been nearly as good as this one. I've got a few 40%ers and some silver dimes, nickels, and buffaloes but nothing crazy.

Seems like they've given me a weeks notice (at best) before they change their policy -- either have to charge ($5 a box) or just flat out won't order for you anymore. I'd expect them to lower the boom when you talk to them next. :(

Seems like they've given me a weeks notice (at best) before they change their policy -- either have to charge ($5 a box) or just flat out won't order for you anymore. I'd expect them to lower the boom when you talk to them next. :(

You're probably right, I should be heading in there either tomorrow or Thursday, I'll see what they say. Kind of weird to me thought, they get boxes of regular coins every week, why would they charge for boxes when they are obviously all rolled at the same place? Coin machines take in halves and people turn them in as well, are they just going to hold on to them?

I'm not sure I follow you. They will still get boxes in for their business customers, where they will likely make the choice to eat the cost and keep the customers. You don't really rate. If you have substantial savings there, maybe you could make a stink, but odds are the see you (us) as a slow drain with no major benefit to keeping us happy.

Oh, they'll still send coins out as usual, too. Not sure if they get hit with fees in both directions or not.

It's not uncommon to turn a bank that cut off your supply into your new "dump bank" if you are so inclined.

Nice haul and persistence!

Never pay a fee to a greedy bank, dump it and find one that won't! I know, they're becoming rare.

I recently opened an account thru a referral. Free $50 deposit! It lasted less than six months before my account balanced close to zero due to maintainance fees - Highway robbery! And, they were lousy as a coin shop- :laughing:

I'm not sure I follow you. They will still get boxes in for their business customers, where they will likely make the choice to eat the cost and keep the customers. You don't really rate. If you have substantial savings there, maybe you could make a stink, but odds are the see you (us) as a slow drain with no major benefit to keeping us happy.

Oh, they'll still send coins out as usual, too. Not sure if they get hit with fees in both directions or not.

It's not uncommon to turn a bank that cut off your supply into your new "dump bank" if you are so inclined.

What I meant was that they said they would only charge me for getting boxes of halves, I can get nickels, dimes, or quarters no problem. What I meant to say is that they come from the same place, so idk why one box would have a fee and another one wouldn't

What I meant was that they said they would only charge me for getting boxes of halves, I can get nickels, dimes, or quarters no problem. What I meant to say is that they come from the same place, so idk why one box would have a fee and another one wouldn't

Huh, I see your point, whats a few pounds more of coinage if they are already getting regular shipments. I suppose maybe Brinks or whoever treats it as a "special order" since no one in their right mind wants halves, haha. Sucks for us. Hope you can find another source!

Back
Top Bottom