Old neighbor's collection

Donneybrook

Elite Member
A neighbor who moved in across the street about a year ago recently told my Mom she had a collection for me to look through for her and tell her what was valuable. I went through the entire thing yesterday and today at my house and even wrapped all the clad quarters/dimes/nickels. (Yes I even went through the pile of pennies which have now been dumped in the coinstar after talking with her) $71.33 in pennies which became $63.56. Haha the other change I'll take to the bank sometime soon and is about $190.

Anyways, to the actual collection. There were a couple Morgans, 6 walking Liberty halves, 7 kennedys, a few barber dimes and mercs and about 330 wheats. She also had an 1864 two cent piece (large motto), 1875 seated dime, both of which she graciously gave to me as a reward for going through it/wrapping and turning them in to the bank for her. Additionally she had a 1934 $5 silver certificate, a 1950s red seal $2 and the 1929 $10 brown seal! As a final gift she gave me the $10 brown seal! I've wanted a brown seal for my collection for a long time so needless to say I was pretty excited. I even offered to pay her for it but she wouldn't hear any of it.

This past week a big family issue came up, so it was very helpful to have a collection of this magnitude to go through to take my mind off of things.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 299
Blank planchet error I found in the pennies which she also gave me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 294
1897 Argentina 10 centavos (another gift)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 303
I bet that was fun (for both of you)! Those bills are pretty cool, sadly I know nothing about that realm of money collecting. Glad you posted it.

I bet that was fun (for both of you)! Those bills are pretty cool, sadly I know nothing about that realm of money collecting. Glad you posted it.

Yeah I actually called the coin store to know how much I should offer her for the $10 😂 I was pretty amazed to see it in her collection!

WTG, Sir Donneybrook! You did a good deed and got just rewards for your efforts! Congrats! :D:D

Thanks KT! It was a lot of fun to look through 😀

Hey , could we get a pic of the reverse side of the blank planchet ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . just kidding.
Thats cool . Never seen one of those 10 dollar bills .

Perfectamondo

My latin was one semester in 7th Grade, Forever ago, I appreciate it much more now than I did then Good for you sticking with it.

haha that's awesome (sorry im just replying lol) i'm now entering my fifth year of Latin - crazy! i love it!

Cool! I love looking through peoples coin collections for them.

totally! it was tons of fun!

Back
Top Bottom